insomnia

Kwauhop
Kwauhop Posts: 27
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
it figures that the one day of the week that I don't work out I can't sleep....I have to get up early too...any other night owls out there?

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    I just got finished working out...going to hit the shower, then bed. I hate working out so late! Maybe you should try to read a book...that sometimes makes me drowsy if it's late anyway.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Wife is sick and wants the bed to herself. I have no problem with that, and now I'm on on the 3rd load of possibly 6 loads of laundry. It's just past midnight, and I'm going to see how long I can do laundry, hang/fold clothes, and lurk around MFP!
  • I usually work out every evening, but I upped everything this past week or so and now I'm sore and need a break...I usually wear myself out working so hard but tonight I shut my eyes and try to drift off and I just can't turn my mind off...Books do the opposite to me...lol...I want to stay up and finish them once I start...
  • Wife is sick and wants the bed to herself. I have no problem with that, and now I'm on on the 3rd load of possibly 6 loads of laundry. It's just past midnight, and I'm going to see how long I can do laundry, hang/fold clothes, and lurk around MFP!

sounds like a good plan to me...I would be doing chores, only I would wake my little men up...all 3 of them...the baby is a light sleeper, I can't even flush at night for fear of waking him...hehehe
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    insomnia = me!!!

hec, i'm up everynight! i usually workout around 12pm or 7pm. Doesn't matter, I still can't sleep. I started taking ambien, but had some side affects (guys, don't take it religiously, other parts of your body may sleep too..)
    So, I stay up most of the night reading or on chatting on mfp..
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    I work 3rd shift, so I'm up until at least 7am every day. But I do sleep from about 8am-4pm usually.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Sometimes listening to really relaxing music helps, though you said you can't make noise. Maybe a nice hot shower to help relax your body? I'm a night owl myself, but I always work out early in the morning on zombie mode and it seems to work out just fine.
  • I'm glad that I'm not the only one. My husband is always over here snoring next to me as I stare at the computer screen most nights...lol. I'm all right when I get to sleep before 1am, but if I can't sleep after that I'm running on fumes when the kids get up and it sucks. Sometimes I take a hot bath, but it's so cold here tonight that once I get in I might not get back out for fear of frostbite...lol.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    insomnia = me!!!

hec, i'm up everynight! i usually workout around 12pm or 7pm. Doesn't matter, I still can't sleep. I started taking ambien, but had some side affects (guys, don't take it religiously, other parts of your body may sleep too..)
    So, I stay up most of the night reading or on chatting on mfp..

Ugh, Ambien...it made me hallucinate before I fell asleep (I'd see tiny people climbing up and down my purse straps) and do weird things I wouldn't remember in the morning (like buy useless, random crap on eBay). I wouldn't recommend that one.
  • lmao...I'm so glad I didn't start taking Ambien when the doc prescribed it....I'm against most medication anyway, but one to make me sleep on nights like this was very tempting at the time...lol...
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Years ago I used Kava Kava, but you can't find it anymore. Now I am trying Advil PM instead of taking motrin and benadryl. It takes about an hour to kick in, but it does make me drowsy enough to hope for sleep when I lay down. A good side effect is that my alergies don't keep me stuffed up all night after the allegra I take in the morning wears off.
  • laceyraschke
    laceyraschke Posts: 7 Member
    I recently found Kava Kava at vitamin shop for 8 bucks! helps my on edge personality and also helps me drift off!
This discussion has been closed.