More P90X Questions

Options
I just finished Week 1 of the Lean program and am loving it so far! A couple of questions though....the first few days, I wasn't burning nearly enough calories as I anticipated (only a little over 100 on core synergistics, for example), and I'm wearing a calorie counter/HRM. Today, I did X Stretch and burned over 400 calories though.....could this be simply because I wasn't pushing myself as hard the first few days?

Also, I'm following the nutrition plan as best I can, and while I can usually eat a lot, I'm having a difficult time cleaning my plate....I'm guessing because of all the protein in Phase 1? I also wasn't a big fan of the chicken scramble....what are people's thoughts on repeating days and/or switching up meals from different days? Also, are the daily calorie counts in the nutrition guide net of what you burn working out, and if not, can you add other foods as long as they're appropriate (i.e., protein-heavy for phase 1) if you need more calories?

Last question (I hope!)....is it okay to add some cardio at the gym in addition to the daily P90X workouts?

Hope that all makes sense. Thanks for any answers and info anyone is able to give.....bring it!! :)

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    My guess would be that you just have to PUSH! It is completely up to you how you want THAT workout to be. If you follow P90X diet and all...stick to it and truly follow it, it WILL work! :-D I know lots of people who LOVED it and saw some fantastic results! Best of luck!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    OH, and about adding cardio..... Do the P90X hard enough and you won't feel that you need the extra ;) But a little extra cardio never hurt... but If you push hard enough with X, no need for anything else. ;)
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I do both cardio and P90x on the same days, most of the time. I usually workout after work at 7:30am for
    about an hour. Sleep for a couple of hours and do the P90x (started two weeks ago).

The nice part about this for me is, if I miss my morning workout, I don't have a cow cause I know I
    still have P90x.

Be careful on your calorie burn. I thought I was burning about 1000 calories an hour. I finally had a VO2 test
    done and found I'm burning more closely to 500-600 calories an hour doing the same exercise.

Doug
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Today, I did X Stretch and burned over 400 calories though.....could this be simply because I wasn't pushing myself as hard the first few days?

Last question (I hope!)....is it okay to add some cardio at the gym in addition to the daily P90X workouts?

1: I only burn about 120 calories on X Stretch, more during Yoga X.
    2: i do extra cardio during P90X. In the book it says you can do doubles if you feel up to it.