lost 40lbs this year

Options
NowIFeelYa
NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
I was in a relationship and was to comfortable and gained a lot of weight., well after the break up I had many parties and drunk a lot with everyone at the parties taking shots, beer pong, drinking card games etc. I started eating even more. My face was really bloated and my stomach couldn't stick out even much more when I poked it fully out. I had got bigger then I ever was in my life. I was at my neighbors house and a women said to me "Jessie you are putting on some weight arnt you?" well that stuck with me I started walking until I got up to 4 miles a day then I started jogging a mile a night, I lost 10 lbs rather quickly. I lost my log in to my account on here and gained all the weight I had lost back. one day noticing how I gave out of breath to quickly and ymca taking money out for a membership I wasn't using I started going back to the gym then running again, I was surprised when I first got my 9 minute mile and the first time I went to back to the gym I could only stay on the elliptical for ten minutes. The women that works there noticing me said you sure didn't stay long. little stuff like that would push me harder. I got my eating under control and recalculated my calories because I was now running a mile one night and slow jogging 4 the other usually taking breaks during the weekend. I got stuck at 180 for the longest time my highest weight was 215 at the beginning of the year. It took awhile to get past 180 but came down to I was drinking to much sweet tea, chocolate milk, snacks after running at night. I eventually started buying strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, water, or would allow one glass of orange juice etc... I started dropping weight again! The lowest I have been this year is 173 I'm at 175 now but haven't got back to 180 in awhile. I'm now doing crunches, sit-ups, planks and lifting heavy weights. I have the same body weight I had while I was in high school, I can just run, exercise, longer now then I could then! I'm very happy with myself especially when family members see how good I'm doing and it gets them to exercising. I jog with my nephew and my mom some now my mom is 55!

feel free to add me always looking at friends posts it motivates me!

Replies

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about the breakup, but congrats on your success! You look great!

I am in the same boat as you (somewhat)

I had a great success last year and I stopped logging and gained all the weight back. I have alot further than you to go weight loss wise, but I feel that if I stick to what I'm doing, I'm going to get there.

I turn 35 in October and I'm hoping to be down a total of 57 pounds by then.

Good luck with the rest of your journey! And happy belated birthday :drinker:

Sam
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    I just turned 30 this year, you will get there. It's not always easy but the pay off is great!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! It must feel great to be able to jog easily now.
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    it does! :-)
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep it up!
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    thank you. getting ready to start maintaining
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!