Ever get tired of talking Dieting to certain people ?

Options
jzs20
jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
I only bring this up because I have a co-worker that i've worked with on and off for the last 3 years who is always talking to me about eating better,clean eating,losing weight and working out but he looks exactly the same,eats the same garbage food at lunch and break time...and overall just seems full of BS. I Feel like He is wasting my time,

whats the proper thing to do ?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    300banana.gif
    this
  • jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lmao not a bad idea
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I usually try to just change the subject. With some people, I find that my own success deters them from talking to me about their methods anymore when they are not having success with their own different methods (usually extreme exercise regimes and/or fad diets, shakes, etc). It seems they want to discuss it only with people doing the same thing as they are doing.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I try to ignore my coworker like this. Add in the comments he makes like "well it's easier for you because you're a woman and women cook so you can make your own food"....sometimes I snap and respond but I mostly just nod and go "uh huh" until he stops talking.
  • BarWench11
    Options
    This is something that gets old fast. However... It's a great opportunity to practice my resting ***** face (very useful in public bars and the like), which in turn deters other bro-scientists from making an approach. Win/Win.

In the end they're only lying to themselves really.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Uncles specifically asked, I avoid any and all dietary talk with friends & coworkers. And typically avoid the food & nutrition section of the forums because its not worth trying to convince some one that already "knows" everything.