Happy MFP Anniversary to me! (with before & after!!)

Options
Well hello everyone! :bigsmile:

Its so hard to believe that its been a whole year since I discovered MFP, signed up and really got started with changing my life. :happy: I had started becoming concerned with my weight in January 2009 when I balloned up to 278...I had always told myself "I'll never go over 2xx" each time I weighed, and I never could seem to keep these promises to myself. the moment I had to tell myself, "I'll never go over 300," something in me clicked. :noway:
I knew if I didn't keep the promise this time, I would face some pretty horrible problems later down the road, and throw away years of my life. For the most part of 2009 I tried to stay health concious on my own, and I cut down 18 pounds in 11 months...that was with alot of yo-yo-ing.
I decided on December 8th, 2009 that this time it would be permanent, and I would use food journaling and the forums here to achieve my goal.

On December 8th, 2010, I am extremely proud to say I am down 72 pounds from my starting point exactly a year ago, and a grand total of 90 pounds from my highest weight ever. :bigsmile:

beforeafter_year.jpg

I am a BRAND NEW person. I have more passion, more confidence and more wisdom than ever in my life from taking this journey, and I dont plan to stop now. I cannot express how great I feel, and how amazed at myself I am. I have never been able to truely love myself before and this has been a truely enlightening year for me...I hope the best is yet to come! :drinker:

Thankyou all for your support over the past year, this whole community has made such a dramatic difference in my life and attitudes, and for anyone in doubt or struggling, please see me as an example...it doesnt matter how bad you think you have it, you always have the POWER to take what you want out of life, and to make any changes you might need along the way. Think positive, and always remember to love and care for yourself first and foremost! :love:

Replies

• Happy Anniversary!!!! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you put your everything into it huh. Your such great inspiration!!!!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    wooo. look at you! you look great!

congrats on a year :)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!!!!!!! Congratulations!
  • jamiebonner
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Great job!! WOOT WOOT You look fantastic!
  • camapear
    Options
    Congratulations. It really is an inspiration to see the results that you have achieved. Good luck with all you want to achieve!
  • EtoileCG1
    Options
    Congrats!!! Awesome Job! I just joined about a week and a half ago! I hope this time next year I will have the same results!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!! :O)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look just awesome. really, what a great job. Super inspiring.

May I ask how tall you are?
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    What an amazing story. I am so excited for you and I am encouraged by your example. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing what another year will do.

Congrats!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Wow you look GREAT!!!! Way to stay with it!!! ;-)
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Wow, thanks for all the great replies everyone! Its some great encouragement! (and much needed to keep me from slacking, lol :laugh: )
    May I ask how tall you are?

Sure, Kitty! I'm 5'6''
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING!!! Congratulations on a year's worth of hard work and dedication...it has definitely paid off! I wish you luck as you continue to reach your goals. Again, you look fabulous!!! So very proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic. Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck achieving your goals :)
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    Oh wow, you look great! Congratulations on your weight loss... wow, so amazing and inspiring. You did great! :bigsmile:
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Congrats and continued success in 2011.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Wow! You have definitely given your SELF the gift of LIFE!! and a tattoo too!! Cool
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing amazing!!!
  • courtrey88
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!