Can I really gain muscle in just one night?

krystonite
krystonite Posts: 553 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, bad habit. I'm just so eager for results! Yesterday morning I was an even 132lbs and that night I had started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (kicked my butt). This morning I weighed in at 133lbs.

Is it possible to grow muscle overnight or do you think it's merely just my weight fluctuating like a regular body does/should do?

Replies

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    It's most likely that you've taxed your muscles and they are retaining water while they repair - it's pretty common when you start a new routine!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    your body is totally fluctuating! but as with me and my stength training and cradio mix, i weighed myself after a boot camp exercise and it said i gain 5 pounds. this morning i feel lighter, so most likely its water weight!, but it's a good sign if you feel it in the muscles! i keep saying to my boyfriend, " baby?? do you see a difference yet, especially in my legs???" and he looks at me and says, " Uhhh... yeah...lol" I've only been hardcore exercising for a week and nothing ywet, but i can feel it coming! i already see a decrease of cellulite in my legs and arms. but I WANT RESULTS NOOOOOW! lol, so i know how you feel... i wish mine came overnight also!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    In one session you tear your muscles (as in working them) and then you retain wate while they heal. It's a great questions though! Our bodies do all sorts of weird things that drive me nuts!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    I suppose you can.. A fraction of a gram or so! *lol*

Fast weigh shift is always just flux! Losing fat takes a long time, and building muscle takes longer.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Thanks guys, you really helped. Sometimes this journey can get so discouraging but this forum definitely makes one feel better!
This discussion has been closed.