weekend eating

Options
Good morning everyone!

How do you guys stay on track on the weekend? It's only 7:30 am and i'm already thinking about what I'm going eat for game 5 playoff hockey!! :drinker:
I feel like I've been dieting for 5 years, but I have never been able to stay on track on the weeked.

Replies

• jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

How do you guys stay on track on the weekend? It's only 7:30 am and i'm already thinking about what I'm going eat for game 5 playoff hockey!! :drinker:
    I feel like I've been dieting for 5 years, but I have never been able to stay on track on the weeked.
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weekends are very hard! I have definitely had to train myself to stay out of the kitchen, since during the week I am at the office all day and very busy. I try to add longer workouts (and yardwork) since I have more time. But most importantly, I plan ahead. If I am going out, I eat fewer snacks during the day (except fruit/veggies) so that I can worry less while I am out. I have found that if I am good all week--consistent with my eating/exercise--that a little alcohol or less healthy food choices on the weekend makes zero difference. Just try not to go crazy!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I try to pack a lot of activity in my weekend so I don't have a lot of time to sit around.. for me personally, boredom = snacking..
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I find weekends difficult because there is no structure to the day and night. During the week it seems easier to "plan" your meals and snacks and fit in exercise. The weekends are different each week. Sometimes we eat lunch or dinner out , then sometimes we are home but not at a set time, sometimes we are too busy to even eat so we miss a meal which isn't good. Then there is always the party or event to go to that involves food!!!!
    I wish I had an answer because I am trying to really view this as a lifestyle change and not a DIET to go on and off.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Sundays are my weigh in day... So I feel super guilty if I cheat on Saturday