Losing Christmas Battle/Calorie question

Options
So here I sit, and the Christmas lunches have begun and I'm losing my battle... not that I'm going crazy but it seems that just that much extra isn't good for me.
I'm having trouble knowing just how many calories I should be eating. THe site suggests 1200 per day, which is very low, especially as I"m 195 and only 5'3. I was talking to someone who owned curves and they told me that I should be around 1800 for my size, which I think is tons of food.... I eat well and healthy but metabolism is all over the place....... I just can't find that sweet spot that I need to stay in to be successful.... my doctor didn't help, my naturopath didn't know... I'm putting in the work, not getting results! Help!!!

Replies

• bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    What did you select for your goal weight loss per week? 1200 does sound a little too little right now. I know that when I started at 171 lbs it had me on 1500 calories/day. My goal was 1.5 lbs/week. Now I'm at 149 with 1200 a day, which is perfect for me. My goal weight loss in 1.1 lbs/week (set by the site, not me).

BWT, try not to give in JUST BECAUSE it's Christmas and so many lunches are going on. I know when I worked in an office there were treats every day around the holidays. I took myself to Subway to get away from it all. Don't cave! Now is the time to be strong!
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    What did you set your weight loss at? Maybe start with losing 1lb per week and go from there. You may lose more, but 1200 calories does seem low. If you have the weight loss set at 2lbs per week, that could be why you have so littel calories. 1800 is what you can probably eat and maintain your current weight.
  • mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I set it to be 1.5 per week, maybe I need to adjust to 1 pound only? Ok, tomorrow is a new day!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 5.5 inches tall moderate activity daily , work out 3-4 x's a week at curves and when I started my weight loss journey at 190 pounds, was told by nutrisionist to eat 1800 calories 4 days a wekk and 1600 three days a week. Doing this I steadily lost 1 pound per week which is what she wanted. When I got to 170 she wanted me to eat 1500 calories 4 days a week 1400 calories 3 days a week and add one day more of exercise, something that I never do at least once a month.
  • jbarden
    Options
    I think 1500 calories is better for you especially if you can eat 6 times a day...eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack in between each meal. This may help you with your temptations for office lunches or snacks during the holidays. Stay focused on your goal and remember nothing tastes as good as thinner feels!