Graze: what do you think? (UK users)

Options
I used to have Graze snacks and breakfast boxes. But since when they changed the porridges I couldn't find anything of my satisfaction any more. Cereals are too high in fat and sugar, and the new porridges have the same nutrtional value of cereals... again too high in fat and sugar. Who wants 30 grams of sugar in their porridge? It is such a shame.. I am in a breakfast crisis now... supermarket porridge does not taste the same! Help!!

Replies

• honeybeeses
    honeybeeses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Same, not impressed with Graze anymore.

Wait it out for a couple of months - heard a lot of folk saying the same thing, so surely Graze will sort it out or a new competitor will.

I like mixing a teaspoon of pure peanut butter (Meridian is best!) into my porridge (just Scotts porridge sachets) or making my own granola - not as convenient though is the only thing.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Don't know the brand, but why not make your own ? I used to eat porridge all the time, experimented with all sorts of things in it, and found some really nice combinations :)
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    What was so good about Graze porridge? Was it the sugary taste in it you liked?

I always go for plain oats or oatmeal and add things into it to make my own, I actually hate the flavoured ones because they have too much sugar in them. I add cinnamon, or warmed banana, and warmed blueberries (always tastes better warmed) sometimes honey, Cellucor Vanilla Whey Protein (my fav), flaxseed, seeds, chia seeds, nuts, the list is endless....
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Don't like the flavoured porridges you find on the market... too sugary and sweet. Graze one tasted delicious, if you never tried them why should you leave a comment???? I am asking people what they think of their products...
  • Fizz500d
    Fizz500d Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've recently stopped Graze, I had a Light Box but whilst I liked it I'm pretty bored of the selection and I've decided to put more effort into healthier snacks at work anyway and its probably much cheaper in the long run. I agree they seemed to have substituted a few snacks and not for the better. It was a good convenience thing though, delivered right to my office in reasonable portions.
  • icrushit
    Options
    if you never tried them why should you leave a comment???? I am asking people what they think of their products...

Jeez, settle down. As for your comment, I was responding to your below post more than the the headline of your thread.
    I used to have Graze snacks and breakfast boxes. But since when they changed the porridges I couldn't find anything of my satisfaction any more. Cereals are too high in fat and sugar, and the new porridges have the same nutrtional value of cereals... again too high in fat and sugar. Who wants 30 grams of sugar in their porridge? It is such a shame.. I am in a breakfast crisis now... supermarket porridge does not taste the same! Help!!
  • ILoveGingerNut
    Options
    @iloseit... You lost it.. It wasn't about you...
  • icrushit
    Options
    @iloseit... You lost it.. It wasn't about you...

Fair enough, my bad, too early for me here when I posted :) In any event, good luck with your search for an alternative, I find a dependable breakfast your hands almost begin making before you realise it in the morning, can be a very valuable thing. I usually eat the same thing for breakfast most mornings, and would hate if something happened to take that away from me. I think when you're at the behest of a company who can always do anything they like with their product, there's always this risk unfortunately.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    Options
    as you suggested, I'm starting to do my own... let's see how it goes, as I have to get up at 4.30 and not in a creative mood... i just need something to peel those lids off without messing up with my diet ;)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It lost the novelty for me after a while and it's quite expensive. I thought that it would be cheaper/easier to get Graze boxes rather than lots of packets of fruit or nuts, but yeah, it turned out pricier.

I did love getting wee boxes of olives though, or bits of cake with a teabag. And they're in individual portions, which is also a bonus for me because I could easily eat a whole bag of nuts or jar of olives.

I never tried the porridge though, sorry. I can't recommend an alternative either since I don't like those sachets or pots either. Is there a way of leaving the oats in milk overnight just before you leave work and then cooking in the microwave as soon as you get there? I've never tried it that way, I like the oats a bit chewy , it might be a bit soggy in the microwave. You could just chuck in seeds or dried fruit if it works.
  • icrushit
    Options
    as you suggested, I'm starting to do my own... let's see how it goes, as I have to get up at 4.30 and not in a creative mood... i just need something to peel those lids off without messing up with my diet ;)

Seeing as it summer time, if you're not specifically seeking a hot breakfast, you might enjoy something like a bircher muesli/ overnight oats. Lots of lovely recipes out there, and they can all be prepared the night before, and left in the fridge for you to devour in the morning :) Condolences on the 4.30 rise by the way.. :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Don't like the flavoured porridges you find on the market... too sugary and sweet. Graze one tasted delicious, if you never tried them why should you leave a comment???? I am asking people what they think of their products...

Bag of oats? No added sugar or flavours.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Certain rice cookers have a timer feature and recipes+instructions for cooking overnight oatmeal and porridge. Basically involves setting a timer to start it at a specific time and dumping all of the ingredients in to soak overnight. My zojirushi has such.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options

I was merely offering some advice - this is a forum remember. I thought you established in your first post that Graze products had changed and you didn't like them any more.. "I used to have Graze snacks and breakfast boxes. But since when they changed the porridges I couldn't find anything of my satisfaction any more"

I left a comment because I eat porridge and have tried Graze but not their porridge, as I dont like pre-packaged porridges
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy to make your own version of Graze porridges. Just use porridge oats, water or milk, and additions of your choice, mix and microwave. I just make it in the bowl I'm going to eat it from. Personally, I don't like sugar in porridge, but I do like a little salt, and I make it with water. If you don't mind a bit of sugar, you can add dried fruit like raisins, chopped dried apricots, etc, chocolate chips, etc. I like to add seeds or chopped nuts. You can use flavouring like cinnamon or nutmeg and get quite inventive! Frozen berries berries also work.

If you want something more "readymade", you can buy muesli and cook it as porridge.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Another one who hasn't tried Graze (sorry!) as I've always thought them too expensive and for me I need to understand and learn how to manage my intake (disclaimer: that's just for me, not decrying others' choices in any way!)

Anyhoo. As an ex-early riser, though it was five and not four-thirty, may I suggest that you put rolled oats in the breakfast bowl the night before; in the morning flick the kettle on before you shower; pour water onto the oats, stir and leave for two minutes whilst you get your jacket/shoes/stuff; add nuts/seeds/protein powder; eat.

The above worked for me when I was working away. Though if I had to do it again I think I like the rice thingy with a timer idea :-)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I used to have these too. I really liked them but they are expensive and I have more important things to spend the money on now.
  • icrushit
    Options
    Certain rice cookers have a timer feature and recipes+instructions for cooking overnight oatmeal and porridge. Basically involves setting a timer to start it at a specific time and dumping all of the ingredients in to soak overnight. My zojirushi has such.

Genius idea! Didn't know rice cookers had that feature, thanks! :)