May 17th, MFP Runner's Club

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Morning Sweets!

Hope everyone is able to put some miles on the shoes this weekend!!! I'm going for a 10k this morning! :drinker:

Happy Running!! :heart:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Morning Sweets!

Hope everyone is able to put some miles on the shoes this weekend!!! I'm going for a 10k this morning! :drinker:

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Way to go Shannon!! Let us know how you do.
    It's raining here, and my daughter still isn't feeling 100%. I'm going to put in my 10k tomorrow (if grand-ma can watch my girls).
    I was able to do Turbo Jam cardio Mix 3, lower body and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I'm ready for the day.
    I swear nothing burns more calories for me than running. Which I could go out today. :grumble:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of you runners that can go 10k+ miles. I can't even do 1 mile!!! I am going to definitely work towards it though. I hope to one day be able to do a 10K. Good Luck and Happy Running!!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I'm planning a 10K, too, but I have to wait for hubby to go on a morning bike ride. Then I'm definitely gonna put some miles on my Brooks!

Happy running right back!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Whoo-eeee!! 10k done!!! :drinker:

Had mk in my heading yelling at me because I forgot to stretch again! (d'oh!) :ohwell:

Now I have laundry & housecleaning to look forward to today. I'll look back & notice that my day peaked at 9:00 a.m.. :laugh:

Happy Trails! :smooched:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Morning Sweets!

You go on with your bad self!!!!:drinker:
    I will do 4, maybe 6, depending on time, we have soccer, and parties out the wazoo today. Awesome weather today 77 for the high!!!! SWEET!!!
  • mkeithley
    Options
    Whoo-eeee!! 10k done!!! :drinker:

Had mk in my heading yelling at me because I forgot to stretch again! (d'oh!) :ohwell:

Now I have laundry & housecleaning to look forward to today. I'll look back & notice that my day peaked at 9:00 a.m.. :laugh:

Happy Trails! :smooched:
    WHAT!!!!!! You better stretch it girl!!!!:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Morning Sweets!

You go on with your bad self!!!!:drinker:
    I will do 4, maybe 6, depending on time, we have soccer, and parties out the wazoo today. Awesome weather today 77 for the high!!!! SWEET!!!

Sounds like a great day! :smile:

LOVE the spring runs, except for the gnatty little bugs that hover around mouth level. Gotta come home & floss. :bigsmile:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did 3 1/2 miles and was home by 6:22. It is supposed to get really hot here today so I am glad I got up early before the sun was up.:wink:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys who run early totally make me jealous! I like "getting it out of the way" if you kwim. I usually run when my 2 year old naps. I could've run earlier today since dh is home, but I opted to go buy new shoes instead! So, I'm a little anxious to get on the treadmill and see how they feel. I want to go at least 3m (but if I'm feeling good, then 5!) Congrats to all who've already put in their time! You guys rock!:flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Today is a cross training day. My cross training will be 45-60 minutes of swimming. Also no wts for today. I am going to make myself a training chart/schedule to use to make sure I dont slack off!!!! I am hittin the pool to workout when most people my age are hittin bars, I feel GREAT saying that. I am the one who is healthy!!! Those days for me are long gone and I dont miss em
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well, good news is my mother in law will take my girls tomorrow. This mean I can do my 10k as planned (hopefully won't rain too much)!!
    I had a dentist appt today and had a cavity filled. $300 later, they told me that eating every two hours is actually bad for your mouth as the acidity attacks your teeth. We can't win. They said to try to finish every meal and snack with healthy fats like peanut butter. I was like, yeah, I will do that at the end of every meal and I'll see how many pounds I will gain by the end of the month. What the hell!!
  • pam0206
    Options
    Geesh. Mireille. $300 later? Healthy fat after every meal? Both seem equally ridiculous for me.....Glad that's over for you, though. Hope you are able to get out and enjoy your run tomorrow. (Also, enjoy some down time without those girlies!)

I just finished my five miles and I liked my new shoes while I was running. Hopefully no aches or pains will crop up tonight. I went to an actual running store, instead of trying to figure it all out on my own. We shall see.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Mireille - BUMMER re: the dentist! You're right, we just can't win. :explode: Glad you'll be able to get your run in tomorrow, that'll help! :flowerforyou:

Pam - what kind of shoes did you get? I lubs my New Balance! :love:
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Hey runners' club,

I ran 6 miles at 5:30 and met my friend for a 6 mile walk at 7:15 AM. I plan on running a 1/2 marathon next Sunday. I did not know there was a runners' club. I am in.

TH
  • pam0206
    Options
    Pam - what kind of shoes did you get? I lubs my New Balance! :love:

Yep. They ARE New Balance. I think I'm really gonna like them. I purchased a size larger than normal and insoles with extra arch support. My feet are loving me right now, but my wallet isn't!

EVERYONE! Enjoy. It's Saturday NIGHT!!!!!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Welcome TH!!!

I got up this morning and went running as well. I knew that if I allowed myself to sit I'd stay put for a while. I managed to complete 4 miles at 9.5 min miles. UGH!!! I swear that 5 week break of only running 3 days a week killed me! I can't do the distance anymore and I'm a lot slower!! It's sooooo frustrating! I'll keep running every day, or at least 6 days a week, until I get back to where I was.

Have a good evening everyone!!!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I didn't start my run until 11am this morning - big mistake waiting that long! It was windy but starting to get hot. I ran about 6.5 miles out of the 8 total that I covered. (I run-walk when my pace slows below 9.5 minutes/mile.) When I got home, I was exhausted. After napping I realized that my shoulders were sunburnt. :embarassed: But I did burn about 800 calories. And I'm having pad thai for dinner! :smile:

Lesson learned: I need to FINISH my runs by about 9am. Next Saturday, I am running a 10-mile race starting at 7:30am, so this week, I work on running EARLY!
  • mkeithley
    Options

except for the gnatty little bugs that hover around mouth level. Gotta come home & floss. :bigsmile:
    *In my most redneck hillbilly hollar accent*
    Yep,that's sum good protein now, ya'here:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

except for the gnatty little bugs that hover around mouth level. Gotta come home & floss. :bigsmile:
    *In my most redneck hillbilly hollar accent*
    Yep,that's sum good protein now, ya'here:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Someone help me figure out how to log 56,709 gnatty bugs on my food journal. :laugh: