confused about "in zone" heart rate

Options
Good morning! I'm on my way to the gym and thought I'd ask all the experts before I head out. Yesterday, after my workout, my HRM said that I had 20 minutes "in zone," but I worked out for 45 (cardio)
I did notice my HRM blinking while I was on the Arc Trak, but I wasn't feeling fatigued yet. Should I stop when it's blinking at 80-90%? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm on my way to the gym and thought I'd ask all the experts before I head out. Yesterday, after my workout, my HRM said that I had 20 minutes "in zone," but I worked out for 45 (cardio)
    I did notice my HRM blinking while I was on the Arc Trak, but I wasn't feeling fatigued yet. Should I stop when it's blinking at 80-90%? Thanks for any advice!
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    That may have something to do with warm-up and cool-down. If you were only 20 minutes in-zone, then it may have taken you 15-20 minutes to reach that 80-90%. That's okay! You don't want to stay up in that range for too incredibly long, it can have adverse effects. I don't know what type of HRM you use, but my guess would be that it was blinking just to let you know that you reached your target rate. Then you can track how long you are there, and log it into your exercise for the day!
    Congrats on doing well. :happy: