C25K - 5 days a week?

jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I was looking into doing the C25K but I can't do it on the weekends at home since I live in the middle of NOWHERE and the only outdoor place is our gravel (currently ice/snow covered) roads. Would it still work okay if I only did it 5 days a week (lunch breaks at work)?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    You're only supposed to do it 3 days a week, so 5 is fantastic.
  • C25K is meant to be three days per week on non consecutive days. Like Mon/Wed/Fri. Good Luck!
  • I'm pretty sure when I did C25K (a couple years ago?) I only did it on weekdays. You'll be fine! Maybe do some exercise indoors on weekends to keep your momentum.
  • I have been on and off the C25K program a lot lately. I really want to become a runner, but my legs/shins just are not having it.

I believe this last go around really did me in. I was trying to work the program 4-5 days a week. I think I did more harm than good, but that is me. Do what works for you. My best suggestion is to start it slow with 3 days a week and build from there.

Good luck!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    I guess I didn't realize it was meant to be 3 days a week and was thinking it was 7 days a week. AWESOME!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    I'm doing C25K (currently on week 6)

3 days a week is so you can give your body recovery time between runs. Depending on your fitness level this may or may not be important to you.

I personally needed recovery time of at least 24 hours between runs. My knee's wouldn't have it any other way. On my days off from running I do strength training & cardio on a stationary bike.

But I've started to double up on C25K intervals. Once a week I'll stay on the track for 60 minutes and do my current week followed by intervals from week 2 or 3.

Whatever works for you is different from the person running next (or past) you. Just listen to your body.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Yep - only 3 days a week, my dear! I graduated the beginning of October. If you start now then you can be a graduate by Valentine's Day! :love:
This discussion has been closed.