Anyone in London Ontario? Question on Goodlife Fitness

Options
Hey if anyone is out there in London Ontario (Canada)...

Or even nearby - I have to take my daughter to college for a bit starting in Sept (she doesn't have her license yet, working toward it but too unsure of herself still to rush into it).

I was thinking, if I have to drive her the 45 minutes every day and then wait for 3-4 hours for her to be done (most days), it might make sense for me to get a membership at Goodlife Fitness there so that I can use the pool and running track. Typically I do my workouts at home (Les Mills Combat, anything from Chalene Johnson LOL) - but figured I need to use my time wisely while waiting.

So - if anyone has ever been to anyone of the Goodlife Fitness locations in London Ontario, could you give me a mini-review? (Clean, good?)

If you don't live in London Ontario but have used goodlife, can you still let me know your thoughts?

I couldn't find info on pricing either, but I'm more interested in quality of the gyms.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i go to the one by argyle. its pretty good actually, although its a little packed during peak hours and sometimes its hard to get a spot in one of the 2 power cages. other than that great gym, no complaints

im assuming since your going to use a pool you'll be going to the adelaide one. ive never been there but thatll be my regular gym come september since ill be living about a km away from there. ive heard good things about it though

eta; price is 20 for 2 weeks if you just want a specific goodlife membership (as in one location) or 25 for a membership for all locations in canada
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I have used Goodlife in Toronto. I go elsewhere now out of convenience. You can sometimes get deals with them (I know if you're part of the teacher's union, for example, you can get a discount, same with other unions and organizations, so look into that if it applies to you). If you like Les Mills then goodlife is a good (no pun intended) option since I think that is what they use for their group exercise classes. They're also good because then you can use any goodlife gym in Canada.

I know in Toronto, some are nicer than others, but the equipment is good as are their group classes.
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i go to the one by argyle. its pretty good actually, although its a little packed during peak hours and sometimes its hard to get a spot in one of the 2 power cages. other than that great gym, no complaints

im assuming since your going to use a pool you'll be going to the adelaide one. ive never been there but thatll be my regular gym come september since ill be living about a km away from there. ive heard good things about it though

eta; price is 20 for 2 weeks if you just want a specific goodlife membership (as in one location) or 25 for a membership for all locations in canada

Awesome thanks - yes it would probably be the adelaide one. That or Wellington/King?

She'll be going to Fanshawe (Oxford Rd I think it is), so those two seem to be nearby with pools.
  • endlessloser
    Options
    I have used Goodlife in Toronto. I go elsewhere now out of convenience. You can sometimes get deals with them (I know if you're part of the teacher's union, for example, you can get a discount, same with other unions and organizations, so look into that if it applies to you). If you like Les Mills then goodlife is a good (no pun intended) option since I think that is what they use for their group exercise classes. They're also good because then you can use any goodlife gym in Canada.

I know in Toronto, some are nicer than others, but the equipment is good as are their group classes.

Thanks - cool - wasn't sure if their group classes were any good. And thanks for letting me know to check for discounts! Never thought of that. Not sure if I have anything that might qualify, but maybe CAA? I'll ask.
  • BigT555
    Options

Awesome thanks - yes it would probably be the adelaide one. That or Wellington/King?

She'll be going to Fanshawe (Oxford Rd I think it is), so those two seem to be nearby with pools.
    cool beans, i go to fanshawe as well

id recommend the adelaide one, its alot closer to fanshawe. plus, if you finish your workout early you can head to the palasad for a couple of cold ones while you wait lol
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For those that go go Goodlife I also have a question, how can it be Co-ED AND For Woman. Wouldn't it have to be on or the other? If can find a way to get an extra $50 a month, I want to get a membership to one, especially for the winter months. I want to keep up the running but don't want to do in the snow and ice and cold!
  • BigT555
    Options
    For those that go go Goodlife I also have a question, how can it be Co-ED AND For Woman. Wouldn't it have to be on or the other? If can find a way to get an extra $50 a month, I want to get a membership to one, especially for the winter months. I want to keep up the running but don't want to do in the snow and ice and cold!
    ive never been to on thats women only and co-ed, but from my understanding there is a womens section and a co-ed section

which is ridiculous. but im not going to get into that now
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    Adelaide and Oxford would be the best one for you. It has a pool there. I go to southdale, but there is no pool. The best one IMO is King and Wellington. It has a pool, and an indoor track. Plus it's pretty big in there.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't go in Ontario, but the one I'm at in Saskatchewan seems to have the same pricing range I see above. The longer you take a membership, the cheaper it is, I think. I wish my location had a pool, but at least we have 3 power cages =). It's clean, equipment is well kept up, and the staff is friendly. The classes are an added bonus for the price if you're into that. I tried a few, but not really my thing. We also don't have a women's section. All co-ed, but I haven't had a problem with that.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

The one I used to go to had a small - tiny, really - room with maybe five treadmills and ellipticals, a cable machine and a small space where maybe three women could use a very limited supply of dumbbells. It was located right off the women's locker rooms. When I first got a PT she took me in there for our first session and it was awful!! They did away with it when we got a new gym last winter, thank goodness.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are stuck on Goodlife only, but there is also a YMCA at Fanshawe/Adelaide and the pool there is great. There is a library too if you get bored after the gym. It's been a while since I've been at the college, is there a way that you could get a membership to their gym? I forget if they even have a pool!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Also, parking at Wellington and King during the day would be something to consider, maybe someone can mention if there is specific Goodlife parking underground there?
  • endlessloser
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are stuck on Goodlife only, but there is also a YMCA at Fanshawe/Adelaide and the pool there is great. There is a library too if you get bored after the gym. It's been a while since I've been at the college, is there a way that you could get a membership to their gym? I forget if they even have a pool!

I don't know if outsiders can get a membership to the college gym lol - probably just for students.
  • mrshilderley
    Options

I am from Woodstock and there is a for women. That just means no men are allowed at that specific gym the coed is for both men and women
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

I don't know about women-only sections, but in Toronto there are some locations (how many, I do not know) that are only for women.