potluck dessert suggestions :)

Karasene
Karasene Posts: 140 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
My husband is a boss at work and each department is throwing their own potluck christmas party. He has volunteered my services for each dept! He told them I would bring desserts. Does anyone have anysuggestion?? I really appreciate it!

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    fresh fruit and a darck chocolate fondu?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    you can try the black bean brownies... I'd try them at home first though to see if they are up to your standards of potluck goodies. They taste a tiny bit different, but not like beans! I prefer the version where you use the box mix and just use blended beans instead of all the other ingredients, but I would add a little water next time until the batter was the consistency it usually is. They were a tiny bit dry, but tasted great! Of course... potlucks are not always the best place to take mystery ingredient items, but who's allergic to beans? And who that's allergic to anything seriously eats at potlucks?

or, a fruit platter with whipped cream. blueberries, strawberries, grapes, and diced apples and peaches. that is actually one of my favorite desserts. You can cube or slice some pound cake or something with it if you feel it has to be more traditional desserty. there are tons of recipes for the kind you put in a dish and layer too, but I prefer to pick my own out and make it myself, and it travels better and the cake stays not soggy.

Or maybe a graham cracker crust with some sort of jello / whipped cream interior? Yumm! Not great finger food there though...
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    On this board somewhere was a quick muffin recipe: one box cake mix of angel food cake (no/low fat); add one can of crushed pineapple to the dry mix. Bake, and you have pineapple muffins that are close to being fat-free if not totally fat-free, and apparently they're quite yummy!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Not the most healthy, but an ice cream sundae buffet always goes over well. Get a few types of ice cream and toppings.
  • No pudge fudge brownies are AMAZING! I also really like the fresh fruit and chocolate fondue idea. :-D Either one would be a hit without going STRAIGHT to the thighs or arteries. ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Fruit tray is always appreciated by dieters and regular people (ha ha!) alike.

NO black bean brownies!! I've made them, they are ok for me and other crazy dieters but don't push them onto normal people, it’s not nice and you'll get coal in your stocking as a result ;)
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Thanks guys!!! They all sound so yummy! IDK about the bean brownies they just sound like they would be dryyyy! I will have to try them to make sure though! I decided to do a fruit pizza w/ sugar free cookie dough, light cream cheese, light cool whip, and fresh fruit :)
This discussion has been closed.