It's all psychological, but it's working for me......a littl

Options
I saw on a news report or a heath show somewhere that the size of your dishes can play a role in your weight loss. I decided to test the theory on my own. I went out and bought a child's plate and bowl. I only fill them with the recommended portion sizes that I'm supposed to have. It just makes the amount look bigger than it really is. It takes getting used to, but I have been able to keep the portion size better by using a smaller plate and bowl.

Hope someone else gets use out of this suggestion.

Hugs,

Kimber

Replies

• GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this too and it makes a lot of sense.

I'm glad to know someone has tried it.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's a good low tech tool. Personally, I don't think there is a substitute for a good food scale and using it diligently.

I am continually surprised by the size of an actual portion.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you, do! Great tip!! Portion control is key. A can of Pringles has about 6 servings. Who knew? :noway: :laugh:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is true and it works! I use only salad plates for myself now. Also, I was looking through an avon catalog and they have this portion-control serving set of 3 utensils- one for startches, one for vegetables, and one for meats that I'm going to order so there is no mistake on portion sizes :)
  • molina76853
    Options
    Wow! That is what I have done, I have started using a smaller plate and it seems to be working for me.