Protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've had the Trail bars from Holland and Barrett.

Begining to think I'm an idiot as I didn't check anything but the protein... :noway:

I'm limited as can't have bars containing whey.

I find them useful to have in the car as some of my commutes should be an hour but can end up being up to four hours, and in my bag as I have to eat every couple of hours or I go silly dizzy and can't concentrate (checked by doc, all okay).

Interested in looking at the homemade version, so thank you for this thread :bigsmile:
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    I like protein bars as a quick on-the-go snack when I need to get some protein in. I don't buy ones that have substantially more sugar than protein, and I generally look for a "clean" ingredient list.
    My favorites are Oatmega bars and ThinkThin. PowerCrunch is pretty good too.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Quest bars

It s easy to say eat more food with protein, but as an incredibly fussy vegetarian I find a protein supplement can help :)
  • boxingandlifting
    Options
    "glorified candy bar"
    Just eat real food.
    I agree

Also agree. Talk to most nutritionists and they will tell you a Snickers bar has more nutritional value than most "protein bars"
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Another vote for quest bars.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    Quest is best. Macros can't be beat.

On that note, I ate 2 today. SO GOOD.

I've only tried choc chip cookie dough and double chocolate chunk. They're awesome.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, yes! I do a lot of backpacking, always have one on hand.
  • kpayne912
    kpayne912 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have to go with quest bars when I'm craving something sweet they are my go to.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars!! I get them at Gnc or hi health. There's a bit spendy, but the double choc chunk one left on my car's dashboard while I lift? All melted and pure heaven afterwards! And 20g of protein for 160 cals!! My treat each morning post workout! :)

That's my fave Quest bar. I use them to supplement if I am running around (4 kids aged 9 through 14) and probably have a couple per week.