Purchasing a Scale

Options
I want to buy both a food and actual scale. I'm looking at walmart and they have some pretty cheap ones by the brand Taylor. I am a college student so theres no way I am spending $40+ on a scale. I was wondering if anyone has those scales or if anyone knows a good cheap brand.

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have a taylor... i was sick of my weight watchers one that would fluctuate 5 lbs every time i stepped on it. i bought the glass taylor that give you body fat % at target for about 35 on sale... but im sure the regular taylor would be fine too :)
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    my bf bought me one for my 10 lb lost reward. think it is Health O Meter or somehting like that. it was $30. I dont see a need for one with all the extra bells and whistles, cause honestly how can a scale cant tell you Fat % Water....etc
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A scale can tell you a lot by sensing water content through electro-currents. This is mainly useful for people with congestive heart failure who need to monitor fluids. Dieters can use it to see if they have water weight gain.

I just use a basic scale that measures in 0.2 pound increments. I bought it years ago and it still works great. The model is called Thinner.

Dafrog - where did you throw your holidays?