Very concerned about joining a new gym...

Options
Strange_magic
Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
After four happy bagel, tootsie roll and pizza filled years at Planet Fitness, it has come to my attention that the gym no longer meets my needs.
So sadly I must move on.

Do other gyms provide such delights? I heard that LA Fitness has a Juice Bar? Is that like Gin and Juice?

Do they provide even smarties, or chicklets to encourage me to work out my hardest?

Replies

• WolverhamptonFitness
    WolverhamptonFitness Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    are you joking? erm... Planet fitness is a joke, pizza at the gym?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    My crossfit gym only offer pain and sweat with a dash of ­"I am dying" or "I feel like puking"

and I love it
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    My crossfit gym only offer pain and sweat with a dash of ­"I am dying" or "I feel like puking"

and I love it

Does it also offer terrible lifting form that is destined to injure you and terrible, unscientific advice about what to eat that you must lock-step agree with if you want to be accepted? That's what I've seen of crossfit.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    are you joking? erm... Planet fitness is a joke, pizza at the gym?
    I didn't know they HAD Planet Fitness in England?
    wow.

They musn't be a joke if they traveled all the across the pond? COOL!
  • BadDog3135
    BadDog3135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm with Yanicka and Wolverhampton. What are you looking for in a gym? My CrossFit gym offers Power Supply meals, Paleokits, and SFH fish oil supplements...

If you're looking for better health and the endorphin rush of a great workout, there are plenty of gyms out there. If you're looking for pizza and bagels, I recommend Papa Johns or Einstein Bros!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness is a joke of a gym. Only dumbbells to 75 pounds. They have pizza at yours. LOL good business proposal. Keep you out of shape so you keep coming back.
  • BadDog3135
    BadDog3135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

and I love it

Does it also offer terrible lifting form that is destined to injure you and terrible, unscientific advice about what to eat that you must lock-step agree with if you want to be accepted? That's what I've seen of crossfit.

Really??? Just...why?!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

and I love it

Does it also offer terrible lifting form that is destined to injure you and terrible, unscienêtific advice about what to eat that you must lock-step agree with if you want to be accepted? That's what I've seen of crossfit.
    No it has great trainers that were able to help with my form and take care of knee pain I had for the last year....but thank you for your concerns
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My current gym has plenty of Adrenaline Cloride and Qwick-Aid, but that may not be the substitiion you are looking for.

I hope you find a nice new gym. Also well done getting the PF crowd agitated.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness is a joke of a gym. Only dumbbells to 75 pounds. They have pizza at yours. LOL good business proposal. Keep you out of shape so you keep coming back.

Good business model lool
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

and I love it

Does it also offer terrible lifting form that is destined to injure you and terrible, unscienêtific advice about what to eat that you must lock-step agree with if you want to be accepted? That's what I've seen of crossfit.
    No it has great trainers that were able to help with my form and take care of knee pain I had for the last year....but thank you for your concerns

Exactly. My Crossfit coaches are awesome and give very good advice regarding form and not overdoing it on weight. They also give suggestions on nutrition but ONLY if you ask them. They certainly don't make us "lock-step" in any way. Sounds like emtjmac has been reading too many one-sided internet articles.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    nothing like the aromas of pizza and sweat mingled together to motivate you to fitness. Do they have comfy couches too?
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Gyms will give you food??? I'm gonna go find a Planet Fitness!!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I joined the Y. We have a family membership, they have child care, a location near my office and near home, and they don't complain about chalk or the noise from dead lifting.

ETA: it also has a Tropcal Smoothie and the one near my office even has a fruit stand
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Come workout with me. My gym offers baked goodies, mixed drinks, and music of your choice. Also there are no brahs offering unsolicited advice about high reps at low weight.

...It's in my basement. That's not a problem right?
  • red66stang
    Options
    After four happy bagel, tootsie roll and pizza filled years at Planet Fitness, it has come to my attention that the gym no longer meets my needs.
    So sadly I must move on.

Do other gyms provide such delights? I heard that LA Fitness has a Juice Bar? Is that like Gin and Juice?

Do they provide even smarties, or chicklets to encourage me to work out my hardest?

Strange coincidence. Some crazy lady has been stealing my lunch out of my gym locker anytime I bring pizza, tootsie rolls, or bagels. She keeps muttering how she likes the free food at the gym as she wipes crumbs from her face. Anyway, I'd recommend heading to the Y. People tend to not lock their lockers there so it's a goldmine of snacks. Heck they even have some vending machines that you can pay a little kid with skinny arms a quarter to stick their hands to grab you some cookies or crackers. Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag on this one. :wink:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Oh good. I was concerned that the judgey, holier-than-thou, superiority complexy types wouldn't have a place to hang out on MFP. Glad they found a thread to congregate in. PF sucks, Crossfit sucks, anyone not using a minimum of 75 lb. dumbbells sucks. This is why I became a cardio bunny.

OP, it depends heavily on your goals. Keep looking, you'll find one.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Oh good. I was concerned that the judgey, holier-than-thou, superiority complexy types wouldn't have a place to hang out on MFP. Glad they found a thread to congregate in. PF sucks, Crossfit sucks, anyone not using a minimum of 75 lb. dumbbells sucks. This is why I became a cardio bunny.

But, but, I like you in your bunny ears!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

But, but, I like you in your bunny ears!

VvW_mwrwiU.jpg
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options