Question for men Re: women in skinny jeans

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
I had dinner out with some friends last night and one of the women wanted it to be "skinny jeans night" for all the women going. Well, I don't actually own a pair of skinny jeans, the jeans I DO have right now don't quite fit and it's August in Florida and quite frankly too hot for jeans. So I didn't wear skinny jeans, but the other two women there did.

At the end of the night, they got up to have pictures taken in their jeans and I said something about not owning a pair and one of the guys whispered to me something to the effect that it was a good thing I didn't, meaning he didn't like them.

Is this an opinion men in general share or was that just this specific guy's personal opinion?

For the record, I'm only curious. I don't have a pair because I haven't found a pair I like on me, not because I only wear what men like.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    i have the same opinion about skinny jeans that I do tampon brands and varieties...do what makes YOU girls comfortable.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Most men don't even know the difference between skinny jeans and... other jeans. What other jeans are there? Fat jeans? Muscular jeans? I will have to give my opinion about the likeness of jeans based on the body fat % of these jeans.

But I think that gentleman just might not be a fan of jeans on a girl. Personally, I like girls who got a jeans and shirt look going. But I know that not every girl can pull it off.

In short, it depends on the girl and if she can pull it off.
  • rml_16
    Options
    i have the same opinion about skinny jeans that I do tampon brands and varieties...do what makes YOU girls comfortable.

lol

Yeah, that would have been what I figured if this guy hadn't said what he said.

I always thought men barely noticed such things (though y'all seem to share an affinity for the sundress).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    "skinny jeans night"?

do women often create themes for their nights out?

Anyway, i really haven't given it much thought. And, if I am being completely truthful, I'm not sure i know the difference between "skinny jeans" and just regular jeans that are tight, if there is one. So, to me, i think it just depends on the person wearing them and if the jeans are flattering on them.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I think like anything, it depends on the style of jeans, the body in the jeans, the quality of the jeans and the entire outfit presentation. Blue jeans are just one of those things that I will spend a lot of money on to make sure I get it right. I see A LOT of girls wearing skinny jeans that are too small, too big or poor quality.

I primarily wear skinny jeans because they are actually more slimming for my body type. When I wear regular jeans, I look huge because my hips are so much bigger than anything else. It helps, though, that I do a lot of heavy squats and can now see muscle tone through my jeggings.
  • rml_16
    Options
    "skinny jeans night"?

do women often create themes for their nights out?

Anyway, i really haven't given it much thought. And, if I am being completely truthful, I'm not sure i know the difference between "skinny jeans" and just regular jeans that are tight, if there is one. So, to me, i think it just depends on the person wearing them and if the jeans are flattering on them.
    Meh. Sometimes. It wasn't my idea. We're ever-changing, though. It's how we keep you men on your toes.

Skinny jeans taper to the ankle, almost like the point of a pencil, so they're tight all the way down the leg like a legging.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm petite with a big booty and skinny jeans are usually the only kind of jeans that look good on me.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I think they look great personally.

Better than jeggings anyway...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I'm pretty sure this is not an opinion that men generally share.
  • rml_16
    Options
    OK, so the consensus is, this was just one man's opinion. I thought so, but I was kind of surprised he said that and had to know because, well, I'm nosy.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    OK, so the consensus is, this was just one man's opinion. I thought so, but I was kind of surprised he said that and had to know because, well, I'm nosy.

Maybe he wanted to see you out of them.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think they look great personally.

Better than jeggings anyway...

I like the Madewell jeggings because they are really skinny jeans, but the fabric is just a touch thinner which makes them form better to the body. Also, better for summer.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    The term "skinny jeans" is too stupid for explanation.

Whoever that guy is, I like him. I bet you looked nice anyway.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It's the only "kind" my daughter will wear.

I'm pretty simple....if you like them wear them.
    2hg9udx.jpg
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans are jeans that are tight all the way down to the ankle. I think the most common type of jeans are bootcut, which are tight down the thigh, but then get looser down the calf and can fit over a boot vs. a skinny jean that would fit inside a boot.

And yes, theme nights are pretty common for women (at least in my area). It's usually done for a special occassion like a birthday party or bacherlorette party.

I hated skinny jeans at first and have never worn them except when they are tucked into a boot in the fall/winter.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Maybe he wanted to see you out of them.

tumblr_lzwuwvYhI31r4mv5l.gif
  • rml_16
    Options
    The term "skinny jeans" is too stupid for explanation.

Whoever that guy is, I like him. I bet you looked nice anyway.
    Thanks. :-)

I just wore a dress. They were just having fun. Not awkward or anything. I wouldn't have thought twice about it if not for his comment.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I realized this was FOR MEN! Sorry :-) I deleted my big ol' post but let me leave the feedback from my husband - he looooves skinny jeans on me. The end.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I often question myself on does skinny jeans or tight dress look better women? Well for looks first comes leggings. Especially with the body type I am attracted to.

If a girl likes wearing skinny jeans I am fine with that, Matter of fact can I watch how long it takes you to put them on if they are that tight. LOL Popcorn ready
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My personal view point:

1. I am a bit conservative and so is my wife. I like nice fitting jeans though but not skinny jeans on my wife. My wife likes them a little baggy on her and I am ok with it but prefer them to hug just a bit more but not to point that some jerk is gawking.

2. My 20 year old daughter wears them and as a parent it does cause some concern but I don't police what she wears.

3. On guys; it just looks weird.

4. For anyone out there; do what is comfortable to you even though it may not be for me.