On To The Next Month

Options
It might take me some time to come down from the high of last month’s achievements!

The response that I received was SOOOO AMAZING last night. I was up late answering emails, checking comments, texting, etc. with all of the well-wishers and followers of the blog. A great day indeed.

Today’s focus is the next steps. There is not time to slack off on what I have accomplished and think that I am good for a bit and can have ‘a cheat’ or ‘skip a workout’. First things first…get some goals lined up. Last weekend, I did a bubble run with some friends and it was SO MUCH FUN! It was an excellent workout with foam and laughing…You can’t beat that. When I got back to my car, there was a flyer for an upcoming event at the same location. The KissMeDirty Obstacle course…intriguing. I looked it up and it’s going to be a blast. It’s not until 9/20 (which is outside of the next 30 days, but I AM DOING IT!!!). So what should I do this 30 days as a physical achievement? Well, last month I had started the 30 Day Ab Challenge and the 30 Day Squat Challenge (www.30dayfitnesschalenges.com) … I was doing pretty good until about day 12. I had a rest day and then a day got away from me…next I went camping and then I was completely off. I had planned to just start over and keep up with it…But I didn’t. I would really like to get thru it all. It’s a big accomplishment, especially the ab one. NEVER in my life would I think that I could do as many sit ups as I have been doing. In an hour-long Pilates class we do about 15 different variations in rotations of 12-15 each time. I am surviving that…I can survive the 30 day ab challenge. So that is my fitness goal for this month. Complete every day of the AB and Squat fitness challenge. Please feel free to do as well. I am also going to increase my hiking. Starting this weekend with a 7 mile jaunt. Got myself a baby hiking backpack and my guy home. So we are going to spend some much-needed family time together and go enjoy nature on this upcoming beautiful weekend (pictures will come).

I updated my weight in the myfitnesspal (user Jened13) last night and it adjusted my caloric intake allotment to 1630 (down from 1740) to keep up the 2 day a week weight loss. That will be a little adjustment, but I think that I can manage. My focus this month I think will be on salt. I can’t say that I will never eat processed foods, but if I focus on salt intake, then that will DRASTICALLY decrease how much processed foods I am eating as they are categorically very high in sodium. Just an overall ‘Cleaner Eating’ strategy I think will be good. Maybe not as much red meat either…which GB will hate. He is a BIG fan of RED meat. It isn’t hard to just throw chicken on the grill instead for me, and I think that I would survive without it. I really want to play with baking as well. Finding some healthier alternatives so that I can have a treat and not feel guilty about it. That along with more Meal preparations. We have a great bistro at work, and they are my go to…I am sure from a financial standpoint it might be better for me to just make everything myself. Do the Sunday preps that I see on pinterest. I think that will be a progressive change. Between getting myself, my daughter, my dog ready in the mornings…I am terrible at making sure that I have everything I need food wise. I would starve without the Bistro J

I received a lot questions in regards to what my “reward” will be for the great first month. I did a lot of thinking on this. I normally would say food. I would make a brownie or mow down on some cheesecake (which both sound AMAZING now). That is not a real reward though when you are on a food journey. So what is the right reward. Many suggestions were mani/pedi or a massage. I love those, but it doesn’t make me want to go out and do more. I try to do those “treats” for myself on a regular basis. What I came up with is new work out clothes. I just wear drab tank tops and capris. I also need a new pair of shoes to work out in. I am rocking the same pair from about 3 years ago. Upgrade is needed. With this reward, I think it excites me to work out even more. You want to look cute all the time…I don’t think that changes with working out. If I am going to be sweating my *kitten* off…I might as well have a really cute tank top to go with it. I have been eyeing some cute stuff at Old Navy (because I can’t go spending a ton of cash….it won’t fit for much longer!!!). Everything is so bright and help wick moisture away from the body, etc. That paired with some good socks and a bright and shiny pair of Nikes….this girl will be pretty happy.

So…Bring it on month 2, I am ready to DOMINATE you. The next weigh in is on 09/13/2014. We have some wonderful friends getting married that day and I plan on having a smaller dress on!!!

From my blog at www.rejenuvate.com

Replies

• RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome. I know that new work out clothes are much needed here to and my be my reward before too long. You are doing awesome!