Inside vs. Outside

cjusticeg
cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Where do you like to get fit? And why? GO!

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Inside! It's freezing out, or always raining, and unbearably humid in the summer, and also my street is less than .1 mi long (dead end, T's to a busy street, no sidewalks) so walking or running gets boring. And if I go walking in the woods or something I always get ticks and a million mosquito bites no matter how much spray I use. Now, when I had my horse, I loved riding outside for exercise, but then, he was the one traipsing through the mud :wink:
  • Both! During the summers I make it a point to go hiking once a week. During the winter I pick up racquetball or other similar activities. It's really depending on the season. :-)
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    I have to say I do both but outside wins. I love running outside . . . ice being the deal breaker. Something about finishing 40 mins in pouring rain is empowering. Also helps to have lots of beautiful parks and quiet neigborhood streets to do so.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I go to the YMCA for yoga classes and if I make time
    I do the machines. I also do DVD's in my home for
    Strength training and anything I may be in the mood for doing.:tongue:
    I also walk at work for a half hour everyday at lunchtime but
    since winter has come that has taken a back seat right now.
    The key is to just keep moving. :flowerforyou:
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Yea, I've just started to learn that I must find alternatives to running. Where I run is all hills, and it can get pretty icy, and the last thing I want is to be stuck on a treadmill so my winter training may switch up a bit.
This discussion has been closed.