Up my calorie intake = lose more weight?

Options
Hello folks

I've been eating 1500cals or a bit under for a fair while now although recently I've started on the 5:2 diet kind of thing eating normally for 5 days "fasting" for 2.
I've been stuck at 98kg for a few weeks now, I've taken measurements and it shows I've lost cms off my waist and hips but no weight has changed on the scales.
I was wondering if because im now doing the 5:2 diet whether I should then up my normal day calorie intake to maybe 1600-1800?
I was sort of thinking maybe I was actually eating to few calories and my body is reacting to that by not burning any excess weight off.

Or will this have the opposite effect and will eating more mean I actually gain more and instead of upping my intake I should lower it from 1500 to like 1200-1300??

Im just kind of confused and don't know whether I should just stick with what im doing now or change it up.

(Im 24 5'7 and weigh 98kg if that's relevant in some way)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you are in a deficit you will lose weight.

If you are losing inches that is as good as weight....

You are not eating too few calories and your body is not reacting to it by not burning...aka starvation mode.

Depending on what your maitenance is if you up to 1600-1800 you will find you lose weight slower.

I ate 1600-1700 calories the entire time I was losing (up to the last 5lbs) and I lost and never needed to change anything. Because I was in a consistent deficit.