Pumpkin Spice Latte, Coming to a SB too soon!

Options
13»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I hate this latte - had it once - it tasted like burned pie... I love Starbucks, but not at all tempted to try this drink again.
  • allnamesgone
    allnamesgone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ask them to make half a latte and fill the rest of the cup with black coffee.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fortunate to have a lovely independent tea and coffee shop locally, with proper leaf and flower teas and wonderful London Fogs. Also live music on a Friday evening. I also prefer a Uk chain called Costa to Starbucks anyday. Still as costly, but better coffee imo.
  • megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options
    I get the PSL sauce in an americano. It's sooo good, and creamy enough to not even need a splash of milk... if I could have any anyway. Curse you, lactose intolerance.

Living in Seattle I've got a lot of options for coffee. I even have a home espresso machine. Still enjoy my burnt Starbucks espresso every once in a while haha.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd make it a once-a-week treat. That way you get all the yumminess and will really enjoy it. Get a short, extra-hot one and you'll have to sip it slowly. Yum!

Maybe add an extra half-hour of cardio to balance it out a bit.
  • nicoledwg
    Options
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't like the prices at Starbucks but for some reason.....my student's parents love giving me starbuck cards for presents... so I’ve not had to pay for a Starbucks coffee in years.....^^

At this time I would like to thank all the parents that care enough to show their children's teachers that they appreciate them.... :smile:

Oh.... I have never tried a Pumpkin Latte Coffee --- I guessed it just sounded toooo nasty --- but i will have to give it a try.... :glasses:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    At this time I would like to thank all the parents that care enough to show their children's teachers that they appreciate them.... :smile:

Thank you for putting up with my brat all year, a gift card is the least I can do. :laugh:
  • mcaila
    mcaila Posts: 33
    Options
    Yup, we just got our shipment of pumpkin spice in! Not sure when the latte will be officially rolled out though.

If you're watching calories, I'd recommend skipping the whipped cream, asking for nonfat milk, and maybe a few less pumps of syrup.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Last year there was a little shortage in our area for the pumpkin spice latte. So we did our own at work, much cheaper, less calories, and healthier.

You do have to adjust the recipe toro your own tastes.

One cup strongly brewed coffee (espresso is better, but I don't have an espresso machine, so use my Keurig)
    1 table spoon pumpkin purée, NOT pie filling, We made our own from roasted pumpkin, but I think you buy the purée in a can
    .5 tsp pumpkin spice, can go up to 1 tsp but it gets a little gritty
    A tiny dash of vanilla, a few drops
    Your choice of sweetener, I used Splenda or raw honey
    Foamed heated milk, coconut milk, almond milk or what ever diary item you choose. You could steam it, but I have a little aero latte whipper

Mixed the first 5 ingredients well, pour in foamed milk, if you want sprinkle a little more pumpkin spice on top

It's pretty good, not exactly like Starbucks, but delicious, and depending on your choices. I can do a large one for around 50 cal if I used almond milk and Splenda