HUNGRY!!! Then not so much...

Options
Here is the sitch.... When I am at work in the afternoon I have usually eaten my afternoon snack in the morning...(like a boss) and then in the afternoon I am STARVING so when I get home get dinner all cooked and start eating I am like hmmm I am really not that hungry. I mean don't get me wrong I eat all my dinner but I am not STARVING... So my question is as follows: Should I really have the will power and not eat my afternoon snack till the afternoon or just keep up what I am doing? and Am I screwing up my metabolism?

peace out!

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can't really screw up your metabolism, so don't worry about that.

Do what works for you and stay within your calorie goals and you'll be fine. I don't know about you, but I have a desk job and I get absolutely starving in the morning and afternoon. I just try to plan ahead for this and bring healthy snacks to work that fit in with my daily calorie limit.
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    I can't really relate because I am starving by the time dinner's ready, but I will say that you are not "messing up your metabolism" by any stretch of the imagination. Metabolism damage takes weeks of not eating.
  • NancySkier
    Options
    I would suggest making a shake in the am and adding a handful on unsalted almonds and 1/4 cup of raw oatmeal into your shake. I started doing this a few months ago and it keeps me full most of the morning. I also add a scoop of organic fiber to my shake as well. I hope this helps!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You can't mess up your metabolism, thats all a bunch of crap. It sounds like having your snack a bit earlier is making you not as hungry later. I say, If its working for you, keep doing what you're doing!