New member. How come find member by area doesn't work?

Options
Joined, don't need to lose much weight, but want to lose ~5 lbs and hopefully get some muscle definition. Started T25 Gamma last week and being disciplined. Hopefully I'll get results.

I was thinking about possibly adding friends that are in the DFW area for accountability etc, but the search doesn't seem to match people down. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've used that feature in the past, but it doesn't appear to working correctly now.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Joined, don't need to lose much weight, but want to lose ~5 lbs and hopefully get some muscle definition. Started T25 Gamma last week and being disciplined. Hopefully I'll get results.

I was thinking about possibly adding friends that are in the DFW area for accountability etc, but the search doesn't seem to match people down. Am I the only one experiencing this?

MFP's database pulls information from police departments in your area. If you have restraining orders in place or a history of stalking, it "disables" the search feature for you. So..... :huh:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm in the DFW area!
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options
    I'm in the DFW area!

Careful...... :wink:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

MFP's database pulls information from police departments in your area. If you have restraining orders in place or a history of stalking, it "disables" the search feature for you. So..... :huh:

LMAO
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The Find Members search hasn't worked correctly since I joined. I live in the Low Country area.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Seems to work fine for me and I'm in Canada for crying out loud. Usually nothing US based works for us. :laugh:
  • andymcclure
    andymcclure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I knew it! It's a plot by the Canadians!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lol nice one
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT in the DFW area!

fixed it :tongue:
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options
    I'm NOT in the DFW area!

fixed it :tongue:

Smart girl. :drinker:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT in your area either...but, hell, if you want another friend. Y'all can add me up! :D
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it work and I live 2 miles from Canada...