C25K question

Options
I am thinking about starting the C25K program. I want to do this in my home area and not on a track, so what is the best way to time all of the intervals? I can just see me running, trying to see the seconds on my watch, hitting a stick etc and doing a face plant.

Ideas? Thx.

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone there are apps available that will track the intervels and either chime or tell you when to walk/run.
  • MelKay2015
    Options
    There are some GREAT free C25K apps that will count your time or mileage for you and tell you when to start and stop. I tried counting myself and I only go thru about 2 workouts before I gave up. With the app I am just now starting week 4 and love it.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone load the app and you're set. It uses voice commands as well as vibrates to let you know when to walk/jog.

Edit: lol. Great minds. Our posts are pretty identical. I was too slow to hit POST.
  • Linasrunning
    Options
    There are some great apps to help you which tells you when to run and when to walk. It even syncs with your music if you like to listen to music while running. Would that be an option for you? Best of luck with the program, it's awesome and I'd recomend it to anyone. :)
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am going to have to get a phone upgrade. :glasses:
  • Hi there! I can recommend an amazing C25K plan, which is available as an app or download to an MP3 player including IPods.
    Its narrated by a lady called Laura (who will become your best friend) and it includes music and specific timings for each week that you run. The beauty of it is that it begins with runs and walks, and you get lots of encouragement from Laura along the way. As a total non runner I'm now on week 7 and able to run for 25 minutes which i neber thought would be possible.
    Here's the website link
    http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
    I cannot recommend it enough!
    Alice :)
    Edit- She tells you when to run and when to walk so you dont need to keep time - and its totally free :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There are also podcasts that mix music and information with the timings for intervals. Those can be downloaded on your computer and transferred to your music player of choice.