Thanks. I would have never thought of that. :indifferent:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Any updates?
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing flashes of lights and floaters?

When I read your symptoms my first thought was a detached retina.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Any updates?

I didn't experience any spots over the weekend, which leads me to believe that it is related to work and staring at the computer screen all day.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

I was mostly seeing black spots floating around. At times I would see light spots. Most everything I Googled said detached retina, but that seems rather extreme. Is it really that common?
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Any updates?

I didn't experience any spots over the weekend, which leads me to believe that it is related to work and staring at the computer screen all day.

Also, I haven't had any problems yet today after being at work for 3 hours.

I asked my sister if she had this when she was pregnant last year at this time and she said yes, definitely.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure issues in pregnancy can lead to more serious issues. I was induced early with my first child due to blood pressure issues and actually passed out when I was 4 months pregnant. One way to troubleshoot if this is from a blood pressure issue would be to buy a blood pressure cuff. You can buy them for under $50 at any pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart) & you don't need a prescription. Keep the cuff with you and test your blood pressure when you experience symptoms.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

I was mostly seeing black spots floating around. At times I would see light spots. Most everything I Googled said detached retina, but that seems rather extreme. Is it really that common?

In all honesty I'd go to an eye doctor to rule it out. You could permanently lose your vision if it's not taken care of ASAP.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Blood pressure issues in pregnancy can lead to more serious issues. I was induced early with my first child due to blood pressure issues and actually passed out when I was 4 months pregnant. One way to troubleshoot if this is from a blood pressure issue would be to buy a blood pressure cuff. You can buy them for under $50 at any pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart) & you don't need a prescription. Keep the cuff with you and test your blood pressure when you experience symptoms.

Did you have high BP or low BP?

I have a cuff. I test at home and it runs around 105/62. I know that during this trimester (my 2nd), my BP will most likely go down even more. I will bring it to work with me so I can test when I see the spots again.

Thanks for all the responses so far!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

In all honesty I'd go to an eye doctor to rule it out. You could permanently lose your vision if it's not taken care of ASAP.

I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Wednesday. :drinker:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

This is good.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

Good. It's better to be safe than sorry.:smile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

Good. It's better to be safe than sorry.:smile:

I just got back from the eye doctor. Nothing wrong, just hormones.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

This is good news, but I'm sure you're annoyed!

Love the new profile pic :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

This is good news, but I'm sure you're annoyed!

Love the new profile pic :)

It is annoying!

And, thank you. :smile: