Back with a vengeance!

Options
TheArchyBunker
TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
Ok a couple years ago I decided it was time to re-enlist. I was big. Time out of service and being a gamer nerd on top of lazy type jobs I hit 260lbs. So needless to say I had some work to do. I reached out contacted a Drill Sergeant who helped me greatly! Got me set up on a diet plan and workout routine. In 10 months I lost 85lbs. Wen't from sucking wind walking down the side walk to running 5 miles in 50:54 not record setting time but hey for me that was epic! Crap I aged out! No dice on it. Took it to the top and no go. Depression set in. Switched jobs got lazy and the weight has started coming back on.

Recently a friend asked me to help him train as he's getting married next year (maybe). I cannot thank him enough! Training him as rekindled that smoldering fire with some good old aviation fuel! I have been back at it picked up my old routine and have fully recommitted myself to this. This time ... it is not for Uncle Sam ... it is for ME!

Whatever your reasons are for turning a healthier you do not ever let go. If you slip fine pick yourself up dust off and push on. There are never enough reasons to stop doing the right thing to being a better you. There are no reasons to ever stop. Don't give up no matter how hard it may seem, always reach inside and when you are at your weakest you have just found that you are at your strongest! Now who's with me to keep going on this journey? This story of success.

How bad do you want it?

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I returned to MFP today, after being gone for several months.
    After I had lost 50 ppunds, I hit an 8-month plateau.
    I left MFP, but I was blessed: I regained only 3 pounds,
    I lost those 3 pounds, and 3 more
    so now I'm ready to use MFP to track progress in my food,
    and motivate me to exercise. I am going to make a big life change
    in 6 months or less, and I want to be in better shape.

Have a great time coaching your friend, and may you achieve
    all your own goals in the least amount of time possible!
    Best Wishes!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Good for you finding inspiration with another!! I hope your journey of fitness becomes fun for you and is lifelong : ).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!