Question for all the mom's out there!

Options
Just had to ask and I know I'm not the only one out there who has this problem! I have a hard time doing jumping jacks or jumping in general without the feeling of needing to use the bathroom. :blushing: I know this is from having babies (3 of them!). With that said, is there a way to make this go away? When I was in high school, I was on the cheer team and after every touchdown (and extra point), we would do 7 jumping jacks plus all the touch downs before. So say we scored, we did 7, if we scored again, we did 14, scored again we'd do 21. That year, I was in the BEST shape of my life because we averaged a score in the 50's, needless to say we did hundreds of jumping jacks at each game! :laugh:
Does anyone have this problem and how to help with it???
THANKS!!! :smile:

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's called urinary incontenance. Do Kegels. Google Kegels they will save you.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Kegals. I've done them since I was 18 or so. And during and after both pregnancies. I have no issue and my kids were 10lbs a piece!! I still do them while I'm at a stop light or when I'm on the phone!!! lolol
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone kegals would probably help a lot
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I didn't know it until I started doing the 30 day shred.All those jumping jacks and jump rope. I was horrified lol. I've started doing kegals, but I've read it can take sseveral months for it to be fully effective and then you need to conitnue to do them to makesure your muscles stay tight.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I go before, during and after exercise. I noticed that the more core work I do the less urgency I have though and Kegels help also.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Do Kegels whenever you think about it and when you are jumping up and down "hold it" like you really do have to go. Just another one of the lovely things our children have given us!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Kegals Kegals and more Kegals....they help with that and/or sneezing and coughing too:laugh:
    Not to mention the hubby won't complain either:blushing::bigsmile:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Tons and tons of Kegels! After three births, I was the same way (Still am sometimes, haha).