An issue I see a lot is peer pressure

Options
2»

Replies

• evsplava
    evsplava Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree you shouldn't drop friends because they aren't fitness minded but I believe being a couch potato is contagious. I invite friends to walk with me rather than sitting on the sofa drinking 80 oz of beer. I take into account they are unable to move like me
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't really care - I just nod & smile then go my own merry little way.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to make this thread to discuss issues about how to deal with other people.

Kill them. They'll all just disappoint you one way or another anyway, so just get it over with.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

So I wanted to make this thread to discuss issues about how to deal with other people.
    Two words No Thankyou . Now that problems solved what do you want to talk about?
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's funny how sometimes the people who often worry about your weight, are the same ones who ask "Am I taking you to Dairy Queen tonight? It's a nice summer evening." Or ask, "Did you eat dinner? What did you eat? Be sure to eat something." This has happened to me already and I am only 13 days into this weight loss. "Are you on the phone again?" (When recording calories.) Yesterday, I had to 'get my back up' and set boundaries. "Hey. I am on the phone recording calories, and seeing how what I just ate affects the nutrition side of things. I want this to work. You need to be patient and supportive." Period. Also had to show this person how, despite what he believes, I am eating more healthy, even if it's not just salad and chicken every day like him.

Social customs change, and people generally don't like change. Like when people prepare the big meals and you don't partake- you are 'rejecting' them through food. Rejecting time together if you don't run for ice cream. (Ordered a small cup and ate half- easy solution) So maybe put some on your plate and walk away, look like you are picking. Push it around etc. I hate hurting people's feelings. But the bottom line is, if they really push, you need to do what is best for yourself, period.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Kill them. They'll all just disappoint you one way or another anyway, so just get it over with.

Yes.Kill.