I am doing a happy dance today...

Options
I finally decided to try on some of my older, too small jeans and sweaters. These were the 'good ones' that I determinedly held on to hoping that some day I'd fit into them again.

Some days when I saw them in my dresser I'd get so depressed because they were a reminder of how big I'd allowed myself to become. About a year ago I moved them to a storage area in my house because I no longer wanted the reminder.

Anyway, since losing 42 pounds my clothes are finally too baggy to wear without looking totally frumpy. I remembered I had these other clothes and so I tried them on. Yippee! Not only do they fit, they are a tiny bit loose! I remember the feeling of the last time I tried to wear them- sucking in the gut so I could possibly get that zipper up. They simply had became too uncomfortable to wear.

I still have a long way to go on the weight loss journey, but it is so nice to have something so simple be a testament to my hard work. I'm looking forward to the day when I will HAVE to purchase smaller clothing. :)

I am not holding onto these bigger clothes I have...they went right into a donation bag.

Are your closets full of different sizes of clothing? Do you hang on to them hoping to one day fit into them?

Replies

• Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That is fantastic, congrats!! :drinker:
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me. I have a lot of skinny clothes and even purchases more for my September vacation. You have done so well and motivated me to keep going. Thank you!!
  • DebLF55
    DebLF55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also have clothes I've saved in the hopes that I'll once again be able to fit into them! I know they won't fit right now, but I have every confidence that I'll be in them by the end of the year...at least some of them! I'm dancing with you! :wink:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You must be so happy. I saved a skirt and one pair of jeans. I am slowly getting back into them. I am looking forward to the day when they are too big for me. Then I will be naked...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Great job, thats fantastic!
  • ladydsb
    ladydsb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Small successes add up to BIG successes.

I get so much motivation and have so much admiration for others when I read the posts here.

:)
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well done, use this as the encouragement to reach your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • lb5197
    lb5197 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations!
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I gained over 80lbs in the last 8 months due to a chronic illness and emotional eating. I use clothes as a motivation tool. In fact I have a blouse that I bought when I was smaller and it is hanging on the outide of my closet door. Of course it is only motivating while I am doing something about my weight. :)
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh yes i have a nice bag of too small clothes around. Planning on fitting into them in 3-5 months:)