One Year, About a pound a Week.

Options
2»

Replies

• RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You seem to be losing quite well in your tummy area too! Your shorts are baggy. :)

Keep up the good work, slow and steady to the finish line. It doesnt have to be a race when its a lifetime commitment.
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so glad I looked at this post! I am now where you were when you started and I feel so non motivated at this time. Did you ever? How did you keep going a week at a time? Did you weigh a lot? I think maybe I should stop weighing so much? Thanks for the encouragement!

When I first started I treated going to the gym like taking a class. I'm good at school, so I thought, if my health was a class how much would I spend on it a week? Once I added MFP to the mix, I started getting a grade on my eating too, and not just on working out. It really helped because I wouldn't want to go to the gym, but treating it like a course made me realize you don't just skip class because you don't want to go (at least I don't :]). And like a class, if I knew all I had to to get an A was do one more assignment, then I'd do it, so it was like, do I want to eat something else or do I want to get an A for today? Hah, I'm such a nerd, I know.

After I lost about 35 pounds I started weighing in more, but for a while I only weighed myself in once a week or less even. I didn't want to deal with how fat I was. I weigh in most mornings now, but try to only record when I get a reading a few times. Some weeks I don't lose any weight at all and then I'll lose double for a while, it sort of comes off how it comes off. I would recommend measuring yourself too, because it's not just about the scale after all.

For me the turn around came when I was super stressed and I didn't gain weight, I didn't lose weight during those stressful weeks, but I didn't gain it either, and I was able to make up for it once things slowed back down. And that's how you do it a week at a time. If last week was bad make this one better.

The other thing I would say is that your stomach WILL shrink. After that happens things get a lot easier because you won't be as ravenously hungry all the time.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i can't see any pics on this thread? is there something wrong w my computer? :(

I didn't want to mess with image hosting and such, so I just put it as my profile pic sorry about that!
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There is a very noticeable difference for sure!! you look great!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Way to keep at it! :D You've done a marvelous job. Seeing yourself differently will come with time. My weight loss has slowed down to a crawl and now that I've been about the same weight for a year I identify more with myself now whereas before I'd identify with myself from somewhere in-between weights.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am also in the 220's, and I feel the same way, about not being able to see it.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep up the great work! I can absolutely see a difference!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!