I want to mess with your favorite baked goods and make them

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    You are going to be BUSY Cory! hahah Great thread though! Looking forward to seeing your results :happy:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My favorite cake in the whole world is the waitrose banana carrot cake recipe. Google it. If you can make it healthy AND yummy, I'll love you forever and ever.

I will work on it - cakes are actually easier than cookies, believe it or not. :)

Let me know when and if you do it!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'll be working on several of these over the weekend - I work full time, so it's hard to do them during the week -- I think I will try the banana carrot cake, hotcakes, and maybe chocolate cake this weekend. Cookies may get done during the next week sometime - we'll see how much time I can find in my day.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    My ultimate fave is choc brownies and ice cream! If you can do that it'd be amazing!! :-D
  • CoryIda
    Options
    My favorite cake in the whole world is the waitrose banana carrot cake recipe. Google it. If you can make it healthy AND yummy, I'll love you forever and ever.

I will work on it - cakes are actually easier than cookies, believe it or not. :)

You know what ISN'T easy? Converting all of that to measurements I know (i.e. grams to cups and C to F for the temperature). I don't have all of those ingredients on hand so I'll have to get them tomorrow. Otherwise, I can see 4 things right off the bat I can change to make it less fatty/calorie dense and I don't think it will alter the taste. We'll see.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    a chocolate cake with chocolate icing!!

I am making this either tomorrow or Sunday.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    im really good at messing with recipes too! its one of my favorite things to do..here is one i have yet to rearrange ( i have a few ideas though) anyways...

Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Pie
    9" graham cracker pie crust
    14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
    3 egg yolks (whites not used)
    ½ cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice
    Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream, or meringue, and garnish with lime slices.

i have made this recipe a thousand times..it it the BEST keylime pie ever, im kinda famous for it actually lol..i usally triple the recipe and put it in two pie shells.. it makes for a fuller pie :)... cant wait to see what you come up with! (my idea involves plain gelatin and vanilla pudding...)
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you substitute the dairy with soy milk at all? Because that would be fine, I've actually found I prefer the vanilla stuff to dairy anyway (I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, but limit dairy whenever possible unless leaving it out or substituting it would ruin the food).
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Do you substitute the dairy with soy milk at all? Because that would be fine, I've actually found I prefer the vanilla stuff to dairy anyway (I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, but limit dairy whenever possible unless leaving it out or substituting it would ruin the food).
    I am allergic to milk, so I always use almond milk instead. Soy milk probably works just as well, but I prefer the taste and consistency of almond milk (it's milder tasting and creamier)
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Love this!! My son, is allergic to dairy, so I have several cookbooks, if any of those recipes are similiar, I'll let you know. I think I have a recipe for a low fat-low cal chocolate cake, I'll look tomorrow and let you know. The cookbooks, I have also leave out the other top four food allergens, wheat, eggs, soy, and nuts (peanuts and tree nuts). Or give substutities.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Ok, I did the hotcakes but, although my son and husband loved them, I thought they tasted pretty gross, so I'm not posting that recipe - I'll try it again next week. I am, however, going to make at least one of the cake recipes today.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump - fun thread! :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was inquiring about any way to make cinnamon rolls healthier... I said I had no idea! Any suggestions? The only stipulation is that I don't use splenda in baking. Thanks!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    My boyfriend was inquiring about any way to make cinnamon rolls healthier... I said I had no idea! Any suggestions? The only stipulation is that I don't use splenda in baking. Thanks!

Well... use either all whole wheat or half whole wheat half regular flour. Have you tried using agave nectar in your baking? I've only used it once, when I made sweet potato casserole, but it worked well for that. I think you need to use at least a little sugar to activate the yeast, but maybe the rest of the "sweetener" could be agave nectar. I have been so busy over the past few days that I haven't had a chance to try any other recipes, but I will try this when I get a chance.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump - cant wait to see what you come up with!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Can you do anything with pastries? Like apple turnovers or cream puffs?
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Can you do anything with pastries? Like apple turnovers or cream puffs?

Maybe! I like apple turnovers, so I will have to try those. I also REALLY want to try scones because cranberry orange scones are my favorite.
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oooo I am looking forward to the recipes! =)
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    While your making the chocolate cake you might want to look into a cake recipie with black beans. I made chocolate cupcakes with a blackbean cake recipe and they were really good and moist and my rediculously picky anti-diet food brothers and boyfriend ate them! So I beleive they were a sucess.