You know your diet is successful when....

Options
shawnnshinta
shawnnshinta Posts: 37 Member
You know your diet is successful when... your co-workers bring in a box of doughnuts, offer you one, and you say..no thank you!

What are other ways you know your succeeding on your diet?

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    when.....i get compliments from my customers at the stroe i work at as a cashier...:bigsmile:
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I posted these in a topic previously but I think they are still valid:

Your clothes don't fit so you buy new ones, but then need to go shopping again a few weeks later as the new clothes also no longer fit.

You're able to turn down a dessert because you don't want it.

You enjoy exercising and get really grumpy when you miss a day for some reason.

You start getting approving looks/smiles from members of the opposite sex where you wouldn't have before. (This ones the best in my opinion wink )
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    when all your friends are eating junk food around you, yet you stick to eating healthy!

you are able to continue logging your calories even on the weekends and don't splurge

you don't even crave sugar anymore/ you weigh your options before eating something sweet and think "do I really want it? Is this worth it? Is there something better/ healthier/ lower in calories that I would rather have?

you crave your daily fix of fruits and veggies! (aka they become your 'go to' foods when you open the fridge)

your pants feel looser and your belly is flatter. you start to like what you see in the mirror!

you start to enjoy your workouts and can push yourself more that extra mile (because you have less baggage holding you down)!

:) just a few, the list could go on and on...
  • natalieawhaley
    Options
    When you get EXCITED to go home and make your lunch...
  • SarahDeeGee
    SarahDeeGee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    when you get on the scale with your eyes shut...slowly opening one eye, then the other...and realizing that by following the math/science of dieting, you have finally started losing weight. No pills, no "if I only eat 800 calories per day I'll get skinny," no "eating will make me fat" mentality. It's just science!
  • tater8589
    Options
    When you have to buy a belt to prevent your pants from falling off (I used to not wear belts, lol)

When your undies fall down

--- I did this to my mom : When your daughter who hasn't seen you in 6 months (I'm military and live in a different state.. not a bad daughter I promise) and she forgets what she was telling you to YELL "Holy Crap you lost weight, your clothes are gonna fall off you!!!" :laugh: -- I have to say how happy I am for my mom, she found out she has hypothyroid and has started treatment, along with continuing to exercise and watching her diet better AND has lost 60lbs!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    ~ When you start to CRAVE healthy snacks (like veggies)

~When you find it easier to say "no thank you" to sweets

~When you start to get compliments from friends/family/coworkers

~Personal for me: When I went to see my boyfriends parents (who live several hours away) for the first time in 3 months and his dad says "HOLY CRAP!!! You look fantastic dear!!" and his mom says "You brought half of her!!! Whatever you're doing, Shannon, keep it up! You look amazing!" :-)
  • escalante
    escalante Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when the smell of fast food makes you ill.
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When you stop playing mental games trying to find ways to eat more food. You begin to make healthy choices and eat in moderation.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When you feel like you are looking great and bump into an ex partner to realise, they are drooling. Its sweeter than any dessert I've ever tasted.

I agree with escalante when you cant stomach the smell of fast food.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    When I want to eat peas and carrots for lunch. Please don't tell my parents. I can feel their smugness.
  • shawnnshinta
    Options

You enjoy exercising and get really grumpy when you miss a day for some reason.
  • shawnnshinta
    Options
    I like this one...you get grumpy when you miss your exercise. happens to me.

sorry!, can't seem to figure out the copy the quote thing.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your walking down the road and you keep feeling your knickers slipping off cause the've got too big
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I fit in my College Graduation Suit again :-)
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You know that your diet is successful when you feel strong and energetic all day long and can do awesome workouts in the evening.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    When your hubby keeps grabbing :noway: your butt and telling you how small it is:wink:
  • shawnnshinta
    Options
    When you have a 1 1/2 hour of silence to your self, and you rather work-out than masturbating.