Superskinny Me The Race to Size Double Zero

Options
Just watched this vid on youtube (well.. over 5 parts). Was quite interesting to watch how the women reacted to the experiement and especially their thoughts afterwards. Just goes to show crash dieting is not the way to go!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTZo-nT6d8&feature=related

Replies

• cowpoke06
    Options
    i'm commenting so i have this in my recent topics to look at later :)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ugh, when will they learn that ZERO isn't a size, it's a trip to the hospital.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    bump so I can watch at home
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • larousse_37
    Options
    If it's the same show I watched a while ago, it was definitely interesting! Just seeing what she actually had to eat to get to that size (looked very boring and very restrictive.. not healthy at all) and once she got to the weight she was like 'alright.. I'm never doing this again. I hate myself, and I feel horrible." She had crazy mood swings, was depressed, couldn't really enjoy her life at all, or her husband and child. God, how could you want to sacrefice your entire life just to be skinny??!?

Thanks for this thread, I think it's super relevant and a very interesting topic!!
  • LuckyAng
    Options
    I wish they used #'s that I understood. What does 10 stone 4lbs mean? And obviously their size 12 is not the same as an American size 12. I am 5'10 and a size 12 and I am thicker than the girl at 5'7 size 12. Sigh.
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    bump
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I wish they used #'s that I understood. What does 10 stone 4lbs mean? And obviously their size 12 is not the same as an American size 12. I am 5'10 and a size 12 and I am thicker than the girl at 5'7 size 12. Sigh.

I believe there are 14 pounds in every stone. so that would be about 144 pounds if my math is right.
  • Sallyismyname
    Sallyismyname Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They were skinny before~ Holy crap...
  • LuckyAng
    Options
    Thank you Aeriel!!

I believe there are 14 pounds in every stone. so that would be about 144 pounds if my math is right.
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump**
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Is this the documentary where the two English young women diet/work out to get down that far? Yaeh it was really interesting...and their health problems that sprang up from it too. Crazy!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    oh my god... that was crazy intense to watch. thank you for sharing that!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options

My daughter wears a 00 she is healthy!
  • playfortoday
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyAng
    Options
    I guess it depends on your body frame and height. All I know is in HS, the smallest person I ever heard of was a size 3 and she was a stick. They've changed the sizes though. It's such a mind game. At the beginning of this documentary, they said a 00 is a UK size 2.

• DancingDreamer
    Options

yeah some people are naturally. i could probably get to that at my hight and small frame and still be healthy. to someone who is really tall and has a larger frame, no its not healthy. but yes for some girls that IS the norm. it just depends on body makeup. (and the place that you buy the clothes at. different brands run at different sizes)
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I just watched the whole thing.. It's so sad, that I know there are girls who will watch it and take away from it dieting tips and how to do it themselves. Poor women. I can't imagine going through that.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have never been anything smaller than a 4 (and not that small in a long time) even before kids at my lowest weight. I couldn't imagine doing ithat to myself.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sizing over there is different by about 2 sizes. They said a 00 was a UK size 2, so a UK size 12 is a US size 8. I also think a stone is 14 lbs.