does yard work count?

CGade
CGade Posts: 46 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just raked leaves for 2 hours and can't find it under cardio... any suggestions? I was sweating so it better count for somethin :)

Replies

• ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    I used www.calorielab.com to look up some things. Not sure how accurate it is.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    It is in the cardio section listed as raking lawn. It definitely counts!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Yes it does! It's there under "raking lawn". Trust me, I know it's a workout! :happy:
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    I have used "gardening" before
  • yard work... cleaning... it all cont it all burns more calories than sitting around! Its productive in more ways than one :)
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    Yeh when I can't find calories for something I do u caloriecounter.com... Good luck and you probably burned more calories than you know raking that lawn of yours! :noway:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    i'll use a hrm when i mow the lawn so i can see how many calroies i burn
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    I say anything out of your day to day routine count it!
    When I first started I and sometimes still I counted cleaning. It was a big motivator!

But for sure raking leaves counts! I wish I had a yard to rake!
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    thanks for the feedback! I was panicking that all that might not count! And if anyone wants a good workout, I just went back outside and it doesn't look like I hardly did a thing! AHHHH!
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Certainly does count! And now that they've fallen again, it's just another chance to get rid of some more calories :P
    Another outside one that also counts: shoveling the driveway after a big snow. Eugh.
    Luck with those leaves!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    yes it does count!!! So does things like shoveling snow..... upstate NY got pounded on by lake effect snow and I've been shoveling every day this week for about 30-60 minutes.... yesterday i wore my hrm and in 30 minutes of shoveling i burned 252 calories.... that counts in my book!!
This discussion has been closed.