Six Week Six Pack

Options
I gave Jillian's latest dvd a try last night (ouch!) and I'm wondering how others have logged it. Thanks!

Replies

• ItsJustVicki
    Options
    Ouch is right-I'm not sure I ever want to do that one ever again LOL I logged as circuit training
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    What's it like? I really want to try this one! I can't actually help you here, sorry, but I want to know what it's like, like is it worse than BFBM and NMTZ?
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yeah....give us some more inf0 ab0ut the w0rk0ut itself!!!!! :happy: h0w did y0u like it besides "0uch" lol.....
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I love all her DVDs I will have to try this one. :-)
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I tried it off Exercise TV if anyone has that ;)
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Well, obviously it targets your core. She keeps you moving from standing abs to exercises on your back to exercises on your stomach to planks so you'll hit every muscle in your core plus a few that you didn't know you had. She throws in things like plank jacks, burpees, and mountain climbers to keep your heart rate up, so it's also very aerobic. You'll also feel it in your arms and in your legs on some of the exercises.
    As far as format, it's basically one giant circuit that you go through twice. She takes it nice and slow the first time through and explains things really well. The second time she speeds it all up so you're just flying through to the finish.
    It's hard, but the next day my core felt awesome. All of my muscles were nice and firm, and my waist looked smaller. Bottom line, I think this workout will really give you a strong core. Considering that it's Jillian, it's pretty intense, but since it's a shorter workout it's definitely do-able. Besides, if I can feel that awesome the next day then it's a keeper. :)
  • ickybella
    Options
    Ok, I want this one!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    It won't work. A six pack has less to do with exercise and more to do with body fat %. If you don't cut your body fat % significantly there's no chance of seeing a six pack. I forget the exact numbers but they're not pretty.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    10% body fat for men
    16% body fat for women.
  • ickybella
    Options
    Good thing we're watching what we eat as well then. Thanks for the encouragement, though. You've been a big help. :)