Full fat or Skinny?

Options
What do you think is a healthier choice when it comes to ordering a coffee in Starbucks or a coffee shop?

I normally order a Cappuccino as I enjoy stronger coffee, but I know the "skinny" option means there is more sugars in the milk. And I know alot of people say the full fat is ok in moderation if you can afford the extra calories. What do people normally order?

Random question I know!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    There isn't more sugar in skim milk than whole milk. I don't know where you heard that from. I always order with skim milk because frankly the taste difference isn't worth the extra calories for me and I'd rather not drink my calories if I can avoid it.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    There is actually slightly more sugar in skim per ml than whole, simply because the fat is removed so the ratios are different. But it's not really enough to be concerned about unless you're drinking a lot of milk per day. The milk in a tall skinny cappuccino would be less than half a gram more sugar. But it's 50 calories and nearly 6 fat grams saved, worth the difference to me.

Personally I have soy milk. I have to limit dairy anyway but it's about the same calories as a skinny with much less sugar than any dairy milk choice.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    heavy cream,

all day.
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Full fat in the mornings because I struggle to eat properly in the mornings so I want the extra calories to keep me going until I feel hungry and want to eat breakfast.

Skinny later on in the day because I want to minimise the calorie effect of any latte after my morning drink.