Who would have thought it! Eat more confusion - help please

Options
MrsMizart
MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
A daft one, but upping my daily calories has confused me. Note: upped on suggestion as I keep getting the bugs doing the rounds at my client's site. This is unusual for me as whilst I get colds, I don't usually get sick/bugs very easily.

I'm at the stage where this new way of eating and being is still new enough for me that something as simple as having 150-ish more a day, plus half of that day's exercise calories, has confused the wotsit out of me *raises eyebrows at self*.

During the week I have quite a set intake, which is working pretty well most of the time.

I have some freedom to 'eat something' at my desk, but it's limited to fruit or something that doesn't smell or otherwise distract an on-the-case-client (sits diagonally oppsite me); plus I'm often in meetings and whilst we'll all happily eat lunch if it's between 12:00 and 14:00, outside those hours anything other than a banana (quiet and comparatively discreet to eat) or a protein bar, is out. Can have liquid intake any time.

I can't have dairy or wheat, which is a pity as a shake would have been perfect. Mildly allergic to walnuts and almonds. Have a fair bit of fruit every day - banana, plum, nectarine, strawberries, blueberries. Plus have pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I like the corn cakes, either on their own or with peanut butter, but they're a bit noisy and certainly not suitable for munching in meetings!

So, does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can add?

Thank you :-)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    This is what I eat at work in front of people that is relatively quiet to eat, has no smell, and not messy on my clothes or desk: home made or canned chick peas. One cup (I don't weigh them) provides the following:
    200 calories / 40 carbs/ 12 protein / 4 fat. If you are looking for exactly 150 calories then carry ¾ cup.
    They are slightly noisy but that is outweighed by the lack of smell and by the 100% chance that they are clean.
  • MrsMizart
    Options
    Y'know I'd never have thought of those in a million years! Still so much to learn :bigsmile: :drinker:

I think there's some in the cupboard. No idea what to do with them if not going in 'something', so will go investigate.

Thank you :bigsmile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You could make a shake out of some almond milk.
  • MrsMizart
    Options
    Ah! I hadn't thought of that :-)

Now to go and investigae shakes as it's not an area I've explored.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Doh LOL. Soy milk? :p