how did you find mfp?

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
for me i was using an app on my ipod called lose it, i dont carry my ipod everywhere like i use to so i needed something on my phone. by my phone being a nokia there wasnt an app so i went online looking for a site i could use on the mobile web and here i am

Replies

• jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I found it on android market. Downloaded it, used it for a week or two before I actually logged into the website. I love the website and the app.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    i was using fatsecret.com but wanted a better food database, so googled for free sites. signed up on 4....others were all too busy and the threads were impersonal and a little rough. LOVE IT here!
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think I googled using "calorie counting weight loss" or words to the similar effect. :)
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My endocrinologist "prescribed" it for me to control my Type 2 diabetes and lose weight.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    One of my friends was using it on facebook and I saw her posts. Now she's been MIA on MFP and I'm the one posting regularly :)
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I was looking for something that I could manage online and Lose It, which I was using, couldn't do that at the time. Also food database much larger since it's user editable.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    My daughter showed it to me right at the same time the Android ap came out. It was perfect and I've been on here everyday since.
  • CCMLA
    CCMLA Posts: 19
    Options
    Android market, although I tried using another Calorie Counter app for a little while because that app's bar code scanner was really great. However, then I realized that MFP's greatness lies with its actual online site for the community aspect, so tolerating a less-rich app is OK when there's so much support.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This was the 5th app I download on my android phone, the other ones were missing stuff.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    friend turned me on to it
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I don't have a fancy phone hehe! I saw it on one of Dr. Mercola's status comments on FB. It's cool!! better than facebook and more addicting!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i was drinking about 800 cals of juice a day and was clueless, my mom told me i was consuming wayyy too many cals in juice alone and maybe thats why i was having a hard time losing weight so i tried to think of things i could drink that were sweet but low cal, i thought of benefibre because then i would get fibre also, i came upon a forum and i wanted to reply but i had to create an account...guess what that website was... MFP!!! :D
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a better app than lose it on my iphone and this came up! So glad I switched!
  • tranz4md1
    tranz4md1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had already downloaded apps to aide as motivational tools and logging tools for exercise and decided to go all the way…and I found mfp. I see this app and website as a Godsend. I have assisted and instructed others to log in and keep an accurate journal of their meals but have always struggled with it myself. Mfp makes this so easy its actually fun.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    my mom told me about it. now i'm here and loving it
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My fiance's personal trainer suggested it to him, and he told me about it. SOOOO glad he did! Love this site!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I was on sparkpeople but never really got hooked... and I knew I needed to log my calories to be serious... so someone on SP posted about myfitnesspal, which I loved... so here I am :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Google! :happy:
  • allthatnme
    allthatnme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got the app for iphone used it forever then finally came to the website LOVE IT ALL!
  • jperry902
    Options
    I searched for an app to track my calories on the android market, now here I am!