For all you parents out there...

Options
tristalin
tristalin Posts: 108 Member
Has your child ever said anything to you about your weight (good or bad) that made an impression on you?

When my oldest daughter was 4, my hubby & I were getting ready to go to a wedding. Being an at-home mom & never one to do make-up unless I am going somewhere special, she didn't see me dressed up very often. She looked at me and said, "Wow, you look just like a fat Barbie, Mommy!" I know in her four-year-old mind this was a compliment, but at the same time....Ouch!

Replies

• amangie1
    amangie1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old told me that some little girl on his bus told him that his mom was really fat. He looked at her and said no shes not everyones different sizes, that doesn't make her fat. He was ready to throw down with that little girl lol
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Ouch!

When my boys were smaller (5 or 6) they explained that I was their perfect mom, because I was easy to pick out in a crowd (being both larger and more grey than their classmates' moms). Sigh.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    When my twins were a year and a half old they would always point at my belly and say "baby baby baby"
    riiiiiiight. lol
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When my twins were a year and a half old they would always point at my belly and say "baby baby baby"
    riiiiiiight. lol

A friend of mine (I swear!) was explaining to her little kids that her very pregnant friend had "a baby in her tummy". My friend's daughter looked at her mom very seriously, then asked if she had two babies in her butt.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I was on my elliptical one day and my daughter asked me what it was for. I said, so it makes me skinny again and she said, "Oh I guess you're going to be using it a lot then?" LOL What a brat! haha
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    riiiiiiight. lol

My son used to do this. Like 3-6 months after I had my daughter. Your tummy is BIG, mommy! Are you having ANOTHER baby?
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I was on my elliptical one day and my daughter asked me what it was for. I said, so it makes me skinny again and she said, "Oh I guess you're going to be using it a lot then?" LOL What a brat! haha

I know it stings, but that was making me stifle a laugh just a little bit. Kids just don't think sometimes. I remember when I was 5 or 6, I called my mom fat. I feel bad about it now, but what's a kid do with their thoughts? There's so many of them.