Hi All

Options
Hi All,

I am June, 33 years from Glasgow (Scotland). I have managed to lose 2 stone 7lbs so far but really want to lose another stone. I am due to go on holiday in 6 weeks time and really want to lose as much as I can from my stomach (have a pouch left after 2 c-sections) and also from my thighs which I think are big.

I have worked out my daily calories what i should be having and also my Macros (think thats what they are called) as 1664.2 calories. 188.4 protein, 157 carbs and 31.4 fat but have no idea where to start and what I should be eating. I work in an office environment which requires me to be in my seat and I work out about 2-3 times per week. Any suggestions.

Also i am not sure how to enter certain things onto the food diary - for e.g we had stew which was purchased from our local butcher therefore no packaging to scan the bar code and unsure of the nutrients involved - any advice would be grateful received

Thanks
June

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    If you know the weight and cut of the meat, plus anything that was added to the stew, you can enter it in the recipe app. I use it all the time, and love it. A little tip. If you make your serving size 100g it is easier to log. Say you weigh out 132g. That would be 1.32 servings.

What I would do to get started is to log the food you have been eating and look at their macros. You can adjust from there. And if your diary is open folks can give you better advise.

Congratulations on the weight you have lost, and good luck in the future.

Larro
  • juneduggan1981
    juneduggan1981 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice.

I got my calorie count etc after reading Thinner, leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews but when I entered my details into the MyFitnessPal they came in different - should I just go with the MFP calulations?

I am going to start a fresh from tomorrow morning and will open up my food diary

Thanks
  • juneduggan1981
    juneduggan1981 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just found the way to add the stew in via recipes - thank you again
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you know the weight and cut of the meat, plus anything that was added to the stew, you can enter it in the recipe app. I use it all the time, and love it. A little tip. If you make your serving size 100g it is easier to log. Say you weigh out 132g. That would be 1.32 servings.

What I would do to get started is to log the food you have been eating and look at their macros. You can adjust from there. And if your diary is open folks can give you better advise.

Congratulations on the weight you have lost, and good luck in the future.

Larro
    Whoa! Thanks!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options

I got my calorie count etc after reading Thinner, leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews but when I entered my details into the MyFitnessPal they came in different - should I just go with the MFP calulations

I'm guessing MFP gave you less calories? You might try to split the difference and see how it goes. Just looking at the numbers you had in the OP, I think your protein is kind of high, and the fat is a little low.

My goal numbers {before exercise} for maintaining 176 pounds are 2080 calories, 260 carbs, 69 fat, 104 protein, 2300 sodium, 78 sugar.

Larro
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello Glasgow, how fascinating. I have always wanted to see your country. You don't hear of too many bikini bodies in Scotland. More power to you and good luck in your journey and holiday.