In spain for 10 days, help!

Options
So after eating out for the last two days, everything that comes out of a kitchen is drenched in olive oil and cooked in tons of it... I seriously dont wanna eat an extra 200-400 cals a day from something like oil when I could enjoy some pretty ****in good desserts instead lol. I've started telling them light/no oil and to grill or steam, but its such a big part of the spanish way of cooking and they dont seem to care. What can I order except for sandwiches (lol) that will be lower in calories?

Replies

• stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you travel, I'd not worry about it too much. I tend to buy my breakfast, lunch and snacks from the supermarket so I can easily control what I'm eating for those meals. I do heaps of walking when I travel so have always found that despite partaking in the local food (and drink LOL) at dinner time, I quite often lost weight (I have no idea how as my calorie intake would have been huge).
  • devilchi
    devilchi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found the kebab shops to be a great treat while I was in Spain. Piled meat in pita with tons of veggies. Pretty cheap to. I am a very picky eater so this was something I ate a lot while I was there for a month.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Also try food in the bars for appetizers and snacks (tapas) instead of large meals.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do travel a lot, and I'm with my boyfriend, so I cant really just relax and not worry about it. Making my own food is pretty much out of the question as well cause bf wants to eat out all the time. I guess I'll just stick to smaller portions. It just sucks to never feel satisfied from a meal.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Pollo and lomo a la plancha will be grilled with minimal oil. Grilled fish such as sardines. Catalan spinach (with pine nuts and raisins) is usually sauteed with not too much oil. I usually find I can eat pretty well just having tapas.
  • annette_15
    Options
    Pollo and lomo a la plancha will be grilled with minimal oil. Grilled fish such as sardines. Catalan spinach (with pine nuts and raisins) is usually sauteed with not too much oil. I usually find I can eat pretty well just having tapas.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do travel a lot, and I'm with my boyfriend, so I cant really just relax and not worry about it. Making my own food is pretty much out of the question as well cause bf wants to eat out all the time. I guess I'll just stick to smaller portions. It just sucks to never feel satisfied from a meal.

So it's up to your boyfriend what you do? can you not compromise?
  • annette_15
    Options

So it's up to your boyfriend what you do? can you not compromise?

Its not of course, but he already thinks I worry too much about what I eat (which I know I do) He keeps telling me to chill, but I struggle with a borderline ED and its so hard to find a balance that keeps us both happy
  • annette_15
    Options
    Also, dont get me wrong, I do eat lol. My TDEE is around 1500 as I'm very short, but I allow myself like 1700 or so while here
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    enjoy your holiday eat drink and be merry its only 10 days,recharge yourself an get back to it when its over.it so easy to become o.t.t. have fun listen to your bf he wants you both to have a good time.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm in Spain (Ibiza), for ten days. It is possible to eat healthy here. Some tapas are very loaded in calories but some are pretty fine. And the amount of flavours you get from the dishes make them very satisfying.

Spanish sparkling water is awesome most of the time and not too salty. You can have that during the day and not stop for sangria.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It is just 10 days. Do your best, but in the end, it will take you no time to get rid of any slight weight you do gain in that time.
    Seriously, I have not had a holiday in 20 years and would love to be where you are right now.
    You are fortunate to get a holiday. Some people never get the opportunity.
    Just enjoy it, create some good memories, enjoy the food and remember that it is just 10 days out of your life.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm Spanish. Order "a la plancha" (grilled).