Feeling unwell... Could I be detoxing/withdrawing?

Last couple of days feeling unwell. Seem to be losing my voice and exhauste and my tummy is upset. I will go back to my dr tomorrow. Sick of getting sick! I had two great sessions at the gym last week then this. Sick again. I am also 5 days off refined sugar.

Ive replaced sugar with just a tiny bit of raw organic honey a few dates and I had a teaspoon of carob molasses two days ago. I wonder if my body is freaking out cause I had been eating loads of sugar prior.... Prior to last week I was eating at least one of either cake, biscuits, chocolate and ice cream everyday and 5 days ago I cut out any food with sugar in it (besides natural foods as mentioned above)

Is it possible that I am experiencing withdrawals / detox? If so how long does this last for? !

Replies

• riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm not sure, but my brother is terribly allergic to carob. Do you have any known food allergies?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Sugar doesn't give you withdrawal symptoms. It isn't addictive. You might find yourself wanting it cos it's habit forming. Honestly I would say the same as the last guy. This kind of sounds like an allergy.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    When I switched from lots of processed stuff to eating "clean" I went through some crazy withdrawals but not quite like what you've mentioned. For me I was mostly just cranky, tired and umm... needed to use the washroom frequently. but that only lasted a couple of days and then I was feeling even better than before. Could be allergies or you may be getting sick?
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Last couple of days feeling unwell. Seem to be losing my voice and exhauste and my tummy is upset. I will go back to my dr tomorrow. Sick of getting sick! I had two great sessions at the gym last week then this. Sick again. I am also 5 days off refined sugar.

Ive replaced sugar with just a tiny bit of raw organic honey a few dates and I had a teaspoon of carob molasses two days ago. I wonder if my body is freaking out cause I had been eating loads of sugar prior.... Prior to last week I was eating at least one of either cake, biscuits, chocolate and ice cream everyday and 5 days ago I cut out any food with sugar in it (besides natural foods as mentioned above)

Is it possible that I am experiencing withdrawals / detox? If so how long does this last for? !

It's good you will be seeing your Dr. tomorrow. I do not think you are feeling unwell from detoxing/withdrawing... losing your voice would not fall into that category.
  • Diva_79
    Diva_79 Posts: 66
    Hi everyone

Allergies sounds very plausible! My sinuses have been playing up too
    I really need to get allergy tested

Thank you! !!