Finally bought some weights

Options
Well, I say bought...I filled up two huge mason jars with dirt. They're quite heavy.
People have been telling me that weight lifting, not cardio, will help with reducing my belly fat. Since I'm not actually overweight and just want to tone up a bit.
Does anybody have anyyyy recommendations of some good moves for toning abs? I have no idea where to start.

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Try looking at this site: nerdfitness.com or
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Check out their body weight training program. It doesn't require much equipment, if any, and some things can be made from items around the house.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, deadlift, and cable crunches. Mason jars are for beer.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You can start by picking them up and putting them over your head in various ways. Google Goblet Squat and Overhead Squat and do those. When the mason jars get too light get some real weights and squat, overhead press, clean and do pull ups. That will work wonders for your mid- section, plus give you sexy arms, legs & back. When you have the weight is up high your mid section has to work to stabilize it - Eastcoast Jim