Anti-Obesity PSA

Options
KameHameHaaaa
KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
Was just wondering if anyone has seen the new anti-obesity PSA? If so, what are your views/opinions? If you haven't seen it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmp67YDlHY

Edited to add that it's not really new, just recently become more "viral"

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I think it's an attention getter and the truth - which of course most people never want to hear. There is way too much focus these days on obese people "accepting themselves as they are". It's ridiculous. While you shouldn't be ashamed of being fat, or taunted for it, that type of phrasing is just continuing to encourage dangerously unhealthy behaviours that cause a ton of problems for millions of people. Ads like this bring to light a very real, very common issue that people want to hush hush under the rug. I'm all for it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think it's BS to blame the parents for what grown assed adults do what their lives. once you leave their house and are living on your own, buying your own food, choosing your own jobs, etc then IMO you give up the privilege of blaming mommy and daddy.

but in general i agree with the idea that becoming obese takes time and effort and choices are made during that time