Accurate Scale thoughts??

Options
Hi! I have a quick question. I have checks my weights on there different scales. I decided today to jump on the scale and weigh myself, then weigh the weight, and then myself with the weight again. So, here are the results- my weight 123, the weight of the dumbbell 19 lbs but really it was 20 lbs. and then my weight combined 143.2. Would you say this scale is accurate? The other scales are not digital so the readings are not easily visible, but roughly they look like 125 lbs, thoughts??

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Quit scale hopping. Pick a scale and stick to it. I only weigh on my one home scale unless I'm at the Dr, and as long as that number roughly corresponds (which it did, Wednesday, within 1.4lbs, clothed vs not) it's. no big deal.

The important thing is consistency.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thank you, I understand what you are saying, I was just wondering if this scale was accurate!! :)?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Seems close enough :drinker:
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Scales designed to weigh body weight can be inaccurate at the very low end. You weigh approximately 123 lbs. the scale is probably best between 60 and 250 lbs. Try putting a true 100 lbs on the scale.

That said, it does not matter much. In weight change, you are interested in the difference.