Coping with business

Options
I know I can't be alone....but it is so hectic this time of year, how to stay on track....I have been really lax lately and don't want to blow the 57 lbs. I have lost (I am 6lbs. away from goal) and I am starting to get scared....don't want to relapse like I do everyother time...I have been staying pretty strong since I started on April 2nd...but just need some reassurance and some hints of how to stay strong and make time for exercise during the busy holiday season....THANKS for all the support in advance.....:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    I tell myself, "If you've got 30 minutes, you have time to exercise". I also lie to my self all of the time in that I'll tell myself, you're just going to the gym for 30 minutes then you can leave. I always end up doing my own workout.

The other thing I do to make sure I have time to get my exercise in is delegate or plan ahead. If I KNOW I'm going to be running late, I'll either delegate the evening meal to my husband, or I will throw something in the crockpot the night before. For me, knowing dinner is pretty much done frees my mind up so I can exercise.

I know you'll do great this holiday season. You've come so far.
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I find having an exercise I really enjoy helps allot. I take classes like zumba or yoga (or do a tape like yoga booty ballet) after work and I look forward to it all day. Maybe if you find an activity you really enjoy you can look at excercize as a reward and not a harrowing obligation. Also adding a little extra walking could help you ( parking the car father away, only going the bathroom on a different floor) their like extra cushion calories if you mess up a little. don't worry to much though, your doing awesome!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I try to dedicate at least 30 mins to myself daily, no matter what. You have to give yourself some ME time each and every day. Also - I like tamishumate's comment about the gym....if you drive to the gym, you might as well give yourself an hour there since you took the time out to drive there anyway! So on my gym nights - I'm always there at least an hour - usually I'm there more of course, but think of it that way. I know its hard during all the hustle & bustle the holidays bring, but the holidays are only once a year. YOU are every single day! :flowerforyou:

You know I'm always rooting for ya, Tina! :heart: ya lots!