Does working out really add weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A figure competition?

I would do cardio for 45 minutes upon wake up 7 x a week and 30 minutes of HITTS 3x a week and 30 minutes of High intensity cardio 4x a week. HIIT is high intensity and with the HIIT the 45minutes of cardio a day is overkill. There's no need to do lifting all those days, do HIIT 3 days a week and do steady-state for 7 days a week. Steady state cardio is known for being relatively useless in fat-loss.

Thank you for your insight, but my Trainer was Over all Heavy Weight. I don't need information from someone else. I'm not being mean but he monitored me 5 days a week and then I ended up breaking my ankle which is what caused me to not be able to compete. I did "higher" intensity coverd up so I was sweating, and HITTS on alternating days. It was different cardio. Still High Intensity, but not on a tredmill.

Thaks for your comments.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, guys!!! :) I agree that I need to put another rest day in there for circuit training. (Also, my definition of circuit training is weights mixed with cardio and strength training!!)

I think I'm probably eating more so I will work to get that back under control and ensure I'm not over-estimating my calories.
  • cici1028
    Options
    Good point. I'm sure it is the eating being off track. Time to reign it back in.
  • cici1028
    Options
    Thanks, BoresEasily! :) Although, do note that Yoga is actually Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga which is very intense and burns about 400 calories an hour... so I could do with more rest days I think.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Thanks, BoresEasily! :) Although, do note that Yoga is actually Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga which is very intense and burns about 400 calories an hour... so I could do with more rest days I think.

Those were my thoughts exactly.
  • junebug523
    Options
    I have one more thing to add--make sure you are drinking plenty of water. This can make a huge difference in how quickly water weight/sodium/etc. gets flushed out of your body. Plus, it's just plain good for you.
  • cici1028
    Options
    Excellent point there as well... I have certainly been slacking. :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly, sometimes I think we "over-think" this stuff. Eventually burning more calories than eaten will result in weight loss. I know you can go on about the type of foods to help burn, and build, and grow hair on your chest, or turn you into Kim Kardashian. Just exercise and watch the cals, don't make ourselves crazy with trying figure it all out and turn it into a science. That's not normal and very few people can stick with that kind of analysis for long. We're looking for long term, life changes. Examine your habits, look at how you feel and that should determine "how ya doin".
  • runway2reality
    Options
    im new at MFP. what does NET mean? should I be negative? it just doesnt make sense to eat what i already worked off. For example:

12/07/10-
    GOAL: 1200 FOOD: 1626 EXERCISE: 1256 NET: 370 REMAINING 830

12/08/10-
    GOAL: 1200 FOOD: 1266 EXERCISE:1309 NET: -43 REMAINING:1243

12/09/10-
    GOAL:1200 FOOD:1110 EXERCISE: 0 NET: 1110 REMAINING: 90

Which one is perferred? isnt exercise good? im def not hungry or starving. HELP!!!!!