Cleansing

Options
I read a post yesterday about laxatives which I know they're not good. I was wondering what is a good cleansing product and where can I get it at?

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I read a post yesterday about laxatives which I know they're not good. I was wondering what is a good cleansing product and where can I get it at?

Eat lots more fresh fruit and veggies, and drink plenty of water. Avoid processed foods. That's a healthy way to keep your digestive system happy. :smile:

C
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the best way to cleanse is, except for drinking plenty of water to flush your system and eating only natural foods.
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have to use a fiber supplement because I have terrible problems. Laxatives have very harsh stimulants which, over time, can cause paralysis of your bowels so they won't be able to work without the laxative. My sister, who is a doctor, prescribed me to take miralax because it's not harsh at all and you can use it every day with no side effects. It's mainly fiber so it's good for you
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I take Metamucil daily. Its just fiber and it tastes ok. It will keep you honest.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree that lots of water plus organic fruits and vegetables are the best way to go!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The best and safesty way to cleanse your body is to go out pay the extra cash buy a really good quailty juicer. Buy tons of fresh fruits and veggies and juice them thru out the day... No reg. food just fresh juiced fruits and veggies. Drink plenty of water. It will flush toxins right out of your body. Just a warning: Make sure it's on a day that you don't have any plans! It's an instant laxiative for most who aren't use to juicing!!!
    It taste really good and it's healthy you can't go wrong. Plus there are tons of different juicing recipes online. You can juice all day for a week or you can simply add a cup of day of juice as a meal replacement. Either way it's good and really healthy!
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nutrient dense cleanse where you don't starve, Shakeology cleanse. Stay away from harsh or starvation cleanses. They're so hard on your body!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon - I've heard this is a good, not necessarily cleanse but it will flush out some of the bad stuff. I've not done it so I can't speak to its effectiveness, but I've heard it does good.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I take Metamucil daily. Its just fiber and it tastes ok. It will keep you honest.

Be careful with taking Metamucil daily for long periods of time. My 96 year old grandfather (yes some of this may just be his age) took metamucil daily for years and now his dr has asked him to stop due to some bleeding issues and what not. Since he has quit taking it he has had severe constipation and cramping.

I agree with some of the posters above lots of fresh fruits and veggies are a great way to keep your system clean and healthy! Now if I could just follow that!!! :happy:
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have heard that a good detox is good for you just not to much of it. I was told using 1 every 4 or 5 months is fine. It gives you a good cleansing and jump starts your metabolism. I bought mine from GNC and it was the Garden Greens™ AçaíCleanse™ 48 Hour Açaí Berry Detox heres the link http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3467438&cp=3593185.3593189 it was only like 20$ but it was pretty good. I dropped about 6lbs during the 2 days of using it. I will tell you it doesn't taste good but its bearable. Just dont try losing weight with it as a daily thing.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yeah I think teas, hot water and lemon, the stuff suggested above :) be careful taking laxatives to "cleanse" though. they really just make your bowel movements increase, and since much of your food's nutrition is absorbed higher up in the process, its not really effective weight loss. if its simply a constipation issue sometimes some fruit juice will also help. If you choose a tablet or medical laxative, be aware that the bathroom needs to be within close range....there are so many differing opinions on cleansing and detoxing....some people say that it is possible to flush toxins, some people say that the body cleanses itself and that clensing per se is not very useful. Im of the opinion that sometimes the system just needs a rest, with some fruits and veggies (or fresh juice as someone suggested) and water and hot teas...